RH150G3+ with volumes past 7 goes silent

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iscaryoth

Reaction score
Does anyone know why this happens? What kind of "protection" circuity turns this amp off? I've just got a brand new one from the shop hoping to shake the ground, but when I got past 7 on any of the volumes the amp simply goes silent for a few seconds. And the volume below 7 is to quiet for me. I don't really believe that 150W are so quiet , as I've been using a simple PA which had 130W and it was very loud. Is it a overheating problem? Or what? I just can't believe that so much of them come with same problems, as I've been reading opinions round the net.

Cheers.

Bump

i have the same problem xcept im using 4 25 watt greenback
was it desinged to do this or is mine faulty
would higher power speakers hix the problem

plz help

iscaryoth said:
Does anyone know why this happens? What kind of "protection" circuity turns this amp off? I've just got a brand new one from the shop hoping to shake the ground, but when I got past 7 on any of the volumes the amp simply goes silent for a few seconds. And the volume below 7 is to quiet for me. I don't really believe that 150W are so quiet , as I've been using a simple PA which had 130W and it was very loud. Is it a overheating problem? Or what? I just can't believe that so much of them come with same problems, as I've been reading opinions round the net.

Cheers.

What cab you going through with that head?

ne1 have an idea wats going on here with the g3 models is this problem fixable or shud i sell mine

plz help

..but Ive been around a while and seen alot. I wouldnt expect the purchase of new speakers to fix the amp cutting out after 7 on the volume control.
I have seen some other amps do this (not Randalls) and I noticed there was some very high pitched sound that was heard while dialing up. I suspect that high end sound had something to do with it. I will call that that super-sonic feedback...because it really is that high up.
Anyway, I suspect that in amps that do this...that feedback is ocurring due to a leaky component (these sort of sounds should be stopped by capacitors and resistors long before you hear them)..and when the volume exceeds 7..it is feeding back so much that it actually STOPS all the signal coming out.
You need a real amp repairman...it will probably cost less than the speakers you thought you needed. ...imho.
GtrGeorge

Hi,

I have the same problem. The Sound goes silent, when the Master is about 6 and Level @7. I have sent it back to Randall to fix the problem. They said, they fixed it, but it had still the same problem. So i got a new one from thomann (where i've bought it). The new one has the same problem. So i think, there's something wrong in generell with the Randall RH-150G3plus Amps. Just a few minutes ago i've read that some tube amps turn silent, when you turn up the Level instead of using the Mastervolume to turn the volume up. Maybe it's the same with hybrids? My Amp is in the rehearsal room, so i can't check it now. Does anybody know something about that or has somehow solved the problem?? Otherwise i will return the 2nd Amp and get a new (not from Randall ;o) ). Good support from thomann!

Gruesse

Oh and by the way. I've tried several guitars, cables, sockets and speakers (4x12"). With 4Ohms, 2 cables on 8Ohm stereo. It's always the same. So nothing wrong with other equipment!!

I had a Randall RG100SC 2x12 Combo amp a few years back, loved that thing (my first good amp) It did the same thing Found out later that it had blown a Green Capacitor of the board. don't know the value at that time i didn't care much, is it possible you hay have the same issue?

Mine was Quite and muddy sounding until the volume got up to 6 then it went silent.

But the same problem twice? Maybe... I think, i'll send it back. I could try a third Randall Rh-150, but i need a reliable amp for the stage. Hm... But don't you think Randall would have found the problem, when my amp was there? Maybe the amp needs more power than he gets from the powersupply.

Latest posts