Anyone think Randall will ever re-issue the RG100ES??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarge

Reaction score
I had one back in the 80's. Absolutely loved it.

Was funny because I had a Laney pro tube I took in to Joe's Music or something like that in RI to be looked at.

He had the Randalls lined up and said I needed to try it. After about thirty seconds i told him to hold on to the Laney as a down payment.

About two weeks later I saved up enough cash to bring the head home.

I remember at first being totally pissed because I did not know tha amount of volume loss there was when pulled the knob to increase the gain. And it seemed there wasn't enough gain without that.

But I threw a rat in front of it with just the slightest touch of distortion and it was a chugga chugga beast!

I played in a band with a guy who had a JCM 800, and for the type of Metal we were playing, I was killing him.

That amp has to be about one of the best Solid State amps ever built!

You can still find decent used heads from 200.00 to 300.00 bucks. There worth picking up just because of the price! There's one on my local craigs list right now for 100.00, I'm sure thinking about it!

Recently, one was listed on Ebay for $400. On Fort Lauderdale, FL Craigslist, one guy had a head and cabinet for $550.