rh50t tubes

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike_socw

Reaction score
my randall rh50t

has 2 el34, 3 12ax7 and 1 12at7 is it possible to fit a 12ax7 in place of the 12at7 or can this cause issues

can anyone advised me of which tubes to put in as replacement for a better clean channel as i have to turn the volume very high hear the clean channel can anyone help

Spike :?

I would not run an AX7 in a spot that came with an AT7.

The other way is doable (at in an ax7 position), but buy an AT7 for that spot.
AX7s move more current, so you could damage the amp, which tube type is closest to your amps input?
Which tube type is closest to the power tubes?
This will help determine some things.

Your volume problem may just be a bad tube, rather than the tube type.

What are the brand of the tubes that are in there now?

Hi thanks

closet to the imput is a electro harmonix 12ax7 then 12ax7 then 12ax7 then 12at7 not sure which model, then 12ax7 then 2 JJ-Tesla el34

i hope this helps

thanks
Spike

spike_socw said:
Hi thanks

closet to the imput is a electro harmonix 12ax7 then 12ax7 then 12ax7 then 12at7 not sure which model, then 12ax7 then 2 JJ-Tesla el34

i hope this helps

thanks
Spike
Try a Mullard 12AT7 in the V1 (tube closest to the amp's input). That should clean your amp up a bit (and add clarity) :)

I did some research and it sounds like you got that amp used? Because the amps come stock with 12AX7's in all 4 positions, somebody must have put the 12AT7 in the PI slot to clean up the gain a little. Try replacing it with a JAN 5751, or just put another 12AX7 back in that position.

Shinozoku said:
spike_socw said:
Hi thanks

i hope this helps

thanks
Spike
Try a Mullard 12AT7 in the V1 (tube closest to the amp's input). That should clean your amp up a bit (and add clarity) :)

I did some research and it sounds like you got that amp used? Because the amps come stock with 12AX7's in all 4 positions, somebody must have put the 12AT7 in the PI slot to clean up the gain a little. Try replacing it with a JAN 5751, or just put another 12AX7 back in that position.

thanks i will give that a try