[RG50TC] Pre-amp problems

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben_57_

Reaction score
Hello,

First I apologize for my poor English, I'm French.

Until this happy owner of this little amp I am disappointed by the last few days, I have no sound.

Tweak the electronics often I started to research the problem, but I already had a scheme.

So the last few weeks playing sometimes the sound of the amplifier decreases of some fairly linear up to disappear and returns a few seconds or minutes later. But the last time the sound was cut, it is never income.

With this kind I have observed the operation to begin to troubleshoot and find a solution. Already tube amplifier power work perfectly as attention, plugging my guitar on the return of the effect loop of the amp, I have sound coming out loud and clear. If I am referring to the schematic, the tube that handles loop effect is V4, a 12AT7 on Randall. I exchanged so all the tubes to find one that could be defective in interchangeability 12AX7/12AT7. Result, the sound going to each of the 4 tubes instead of V4. So let me have your opinion on my case processing by the V4 loop (and validate my test at the same time)?

If my test is good and that the tubes are in working order, the pre-amp with overdrive and clean channels is down?

Thank you!

Latest posts