DEAD RG75DG3? Any way to fix?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L_S_Langill

Reaction score
I am hoping for answers and advice.

I own an RG75DG3 and it's an awesome amp, but today, about 10 minutes after turning it on, it starting giving off a weird burning smell. There wasn't any smoke, but I immediately unplugged it. After a couple minutes, I plugged it back in and the green power light came on, but none of the other lights did. There was absolutely no sound - dead. Amazingly, after I shut it off again, the green power light stayed on. I removed the back cover to have a look, and what appears to be the power circuit box was burning hot to the touch. I didn't touch anything else and just replaced the cover. I don't know a whole bunch, so if anyone can shed some light on what may have happened to it, I'd appreciate it. Is there any way I can fix this myself?

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

My guess is that your transformer blew, and burnt up some of the wires connected to it, or if the amp had been sitting around unused for a while, you may have a leaky electrolytic cap shorting out the board completely. I had the same sort of thing happen to my Fender Hot Rod, and I have to fix both issues.