RG100HT Rackmount head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slashnstrings

Reaction score
Hey all I'm not selling anything here but i was wondering if someone could tell me the approx value of the RG100HT rackmount head.

Now some say it a collector item cause of dimebag, but i don't care much about that, i just want to know what its worth in general. I think i may have a good deal on one, so please let me know

thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gd_xbMgZGw

here are some pics of the one i bought, it's pretty clean

January2010022.jpg

January2010023.jpg

January2010024.jpg

enjoy, i know I am :)

thats the way all gear should be these days...pots NOT connected directly to the PCB. This stops all kinds of damage from getting to the PCB.
In addition.,,,,,**** this amps sounds fine. To band Randall gave the assinine footswitch. Noone has a jack that works like this.
GtrGeorge

I ordered the "Jones Clinch 6 pin"(thats whats the connector is called) connector for 8 bucks online, I work for Siemens so I get all the wire I'll ever need and I have a bunch of old footswitch's kicking around, so I am going to build my own soon just to switch between channel 1 and 2

If that switch works out lemme know!!
Every amp should have 2 good channels to em!

I sent my RGHT100 for repairs..so loose the hum..I really want it to be a usable part of my amp "collection". I use everything I won..and beacause I play everything from acoustic music to Metal..ot would be great to have SS head like this one ready crush at gigs.
what do you use for distortion? The amps distortion or do you boost it further? or EQ, like Dimebag did?
I havent gotten far with my amp..the hum was a major set-back.
GtrGeorge

Right now, cause im a bit short on cash i have been using the RM100 with a Mt-2 in front. I have the level on about 3 o'clock and the mids/highs/lows at zero, and the gain pretty much on zero(just touch it a hair and it will give you a nice gain)
and thats all for now, i love the distortion it gives, the clean is lacking but i use it just for crunch anyway.

slash,
I thought you were using your RG100HT??? Seems like your not using it at all.
Your post talks of the rm100 with an Mt2 in front.
Gtrgeorge

opps sorry, i meant RG100. i get so used to typing rg100 on here. I got my Jones cinch connector yesterday so now to find out what the sequence is for the 6 pins and I'm off to the races making my new footswitch

with that head (RG100HT)...
and an Mt-2 up front theres gonna be an INSANE amount of CRUNCH going on. High gain, distirted crunch. Very nu-metal. Unless I got it wrong.
Whaths the material,anyway?
I am not sure how that amp reacts to pedals..some do well..others the tone just gets worse and worse. I really cant wait till mine comes back without a hum. then I can make reasonable guesses at what it would sound like. Last week I put an Mt02 in front of my Rm50 with a lone clean....yuk! No balls...just buzzes etc. Wasnt substantial sounding.
GtrGeorge

That reminds me of my Randall RM2-80 power amp. It's so old Randall doesn't even have records of it. Sounds pretty good with my RM4.

**** that's in great shape.. I think it was well worth what ya paid...congrats.

yeah its in GREAT shape. Mine looks kinda beat up...it looks like it OUGHT TO HUM!!
And what a drag randall doesnt know of its earliset power amp designs...some of those look quite cool..and there is a needd for a good SS power amp..
I use a Marshall SS power amp its called a 8002 or something like that.Its 80 watts and 2 channels..sounds good, but not as big sounding as my Rt 2/50. But pretty warm considering and built raelly strong. Its a tad heavy, for one rack space.
I just wish it was a bit louder and bogger sounding..maybe the RGT100HT will replace it!! We'll see.

slik_karl said:
**** that's in great shape.. I think it was well worth what ya paid...congrats.

Thanks

And gtrgeorge , i think it sounds fine with the pedal in front, again I use as little as the pedal as possible.
Level - 3'0clock
High - noon (0)
Low - 12:30
Mid - noon
Mid freq - noon
Gain - 7 oclock(0)

then i use no footswitch so the channels are blended that way and i got it set like this for apartment settings

Gain 1 - dimed
Master - 8 oclock

Gain 2 - Dimed
master - 8 oclock

Treble - 3 oclock
Middle - 11:30 - noon
Bass - 4:30
Presence - 1:30
Reverb - 7:30 - 8

I run it through a Mesa 4x12 w/ vintage 30's

Sounds nice and chunky to me