Randall RX120RH

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiram85

Reaction score
Hey guys im new and im seeking for a little help. I just purchased a randall rx120rh with rx412 cab and ups came and droped it off today. This amp is gorgeous there is just one problem cant get any sound of it. The amp lights up when i turn it on, i plugged a " a speaker cable" into the cab, but havent had any luck with the sound. I have tried both inputs and theres also a "ground" or "lift" switch, but cannot get anything no even a hum, or feedback. It has been very frustrating past couple of hours, lol, is there something that im doing wrong, or do i need a certain cable. I was reading about Ohm's and stuff but thats all chinese for me...Any help would be appreciated...

you should use a "speaker" cable to connect the back of the head to the speaker cabinet. Look at the cabinet, it should be at 4 or 16 ohms, look at the connection on the back of the head and see if there's an ohm choice. Simply set it to the same number as the cab (it only gets tricky when connecting >1 cab)There may not even be a choice. Regardless , it will work anyway, but best to match up the ohm on the head with the ohm on the cab

The speaker cable looks like a guitar cable...keep in mind it would work with a guitar cable too- I have friends who have done it for years; not advisable but will get you rocking tonight if need be

once you're speaker cab is connected, Plug a cable from your guitar to the input on the front of the head
Now turn the power on

Any noise? If not plug some headphone into that front phones connector to see if the amp is working.
If you can plug a different amp head into the cabinet.

Trouble shoot every step of your chain this way...I'm assuming you don't have a lineup of pedals before your amp? If so, forget that until you can solve which part of your chain is not working and why

Oh, are your guitar volume knobs all the way up?

Hope any of this helps, good luck

hey thanks for your help man, i bought a speaker cable which is ticker than the usual guitar cable and pluged it in to other inputs which were "effects" send and receive, i was able to get sound out of that, but very poor, and very low volume so i know my cab is working. My Rx412 cab does not have a option on the back to change to Ohms, it only says "Impendence: 8"ohms " and has one input. on the back of the amplifier head it has two "speakers outputs" and says "mini load Total 4ohm" see if that helps..

well thanks for all your help, i called zzounds and they will ship another one, sucks i have to wait another week! lol

hope the next amp works out for you, personally after one dud, I'd get a different amp, but im a scaredy cat like that ;)

Best of luck, let us now how the new one sounds

hey guys just thought id let you know, my replacement just got here today, and bam as soon as i connected it it work like a charm.!!!

Latest posts