Randall g3 channel problem

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synda001

Reaction score
I purchased a randall g3 that has a channel switch problem. Apparently if the clean level is higher then the overdrive channel level or if the clean channels effects level is up. Then I can hear the clean channel mixed into the overdrive channel.

Its really annoying and a pain in the *** especially when I have to make sure my clean level is high enough to where I can play clean passages on equal volume with the overdrive.

I called up Randall and they told me to take it to their service facility and I got it back today and its still has the same problem when the guys said they fixed that and the buzzing transformer.

I don't know if anybody has this problem with their G3 heads like mine. My amp is still under warranty and its about to be taken back to their service spot to fixed again and if they can't fix it what do I do then? I don't want to get another amp from the factory that is going to suck especially since the G3's are all pretty flawed from what I heard.

I think if you take a look at the other posts on the G3 it is pretty clear they are not a quality amp.
I have a RG200 G3 plus which is a replacement for a G3 which developed a fault. Worst ?450 I ever spent!
I have emailed Randall again recently just to ask them to do G3 demo videos on their youtube page. No response.
If you own one of their high end all tube amps, then you might get some customer service!

Same problem here but my amp is the rg75d g3 plus. when im playing on the clean channel i hear faint distortion bleeding in. i have tried everything to stop it, all setttings, effects on/off, boost on/off, foot pedal hooked up or un hooked, ground lift switch on/off, ive tried everything with no luck.