Randall RH200 G2 Problem buzz noise

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stomp65

Reaction score
I put this is the wrong section so I moved it here in hopes someone may be able to lead me in the right direction.

First Time here, this forum is awesome, I just bought a used Randall RH200 G2 Head didn't get a chance to test it before buying.

Once I did set it up it has a problem, it puts out a good sound except the constant low buzz noise when your not playing. I have tried a few things that I have read here:
Cables, tested and are good with a speaker cable in back and instrument cable to the front.
Noise is there once you turn it on and it wont go away tapping the side or top. All alone on its own plug with nothing else hooked up to it, with ground and without no change.
Also when I hit a chord it has an extra distortion sound that is heard like extra noise that should not be there.
I took it apart to look for any bad solder joints or bulged caps but all looks good.
I disconnected the fan to see if it was run off noise from it(no change) I disconnected the foot switch to see if the plug in had a short to it (no change).
I tried a few things but every time as soon as I turn it on the low buzz or hum is still there.

If anyone can lead me in the right direction this would be very helpful not sure if these amps are known for this and if there is quick test in a certain area to start or a known area where the problem may be.

I don't know how the person used it before me or if he used speaker cables or instrument cables for the output to cab.

Thank you for your time in reading this and if you have any ideas it would be very helpful to me.

Thank you
Brian

Latest posts