1979 Randall RB120 Bass Combo

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denishew

Reaction score
Hi,
Having just bought this magnificent piece of furniture from back in my gigging heydays I would like to know if anybody out there has a critically objective review of the amp when new, and/ or what I can expect of it today, 31 years later?
I'm thinking of putting together a retro gig tour with members of my old group and I would like to know what sort of reliability I'll have with it. The idea is to have as authentic as possible equipment on stage. I've already managed to put my hands on an HH VS Bassamp, unfortunately not the combo (which I dragged around Britain with me for a number of years and was just remarkable and very much regretted!!!) and I remember having seen Randall amps on stage and was impressed with the power, which was largely equal to the HH rig, but after thirty years will I have to recone, refurbish, re-anything specific before putting it in my rucksack and heading for the bus stop????

I'll have the HH on standby just in case but I'd like to know that I have two good amps.

Cheers, and many thanks to anybody who might have something to tell me!

Latest posts