The Grail BRIGHT switch

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhugeford

Reaction score
I have had the Grail for about a week of play time now. My LEVEL pot arrived loose but seems to function fine. Any suggestions? Also I have played at all levels from low volume to say master on 7 and level on 5. When engaging the bright switch, I do not hear any change at all with the sound, harmonics, etc. Do yo think this is defective? Is the bright on the Grail just a subtle change??????

Thanks for any input.

hey b, just busting your chops.

the higher your gain is the less operational that bright switch becomes. thats normal.

Good one on the similiar name!!! I agree with you on your comment. At low volumes I do not hear anything, no extra sizzle, warmth, umph, nothing.

Hey your not Brock Huard are you, the pathetic almost NFL quarterback????

bhugeford said:
Good one on the similiar name!!! I agree with you on your comment. At low volumes I do not hear anything, no extra sizzle, warmth, umph, nothing.

Hey your not Brock Huard are you, the pathetic almost NFL quarterback????

It's not volume, it's gain.

The switch allows the high frequencies to go past the pot.
So if the gain pot is wide open there's no effect since they get through anyways ;)

So try it with gain at 3/10th or something and report back!!

If your level pots loose take off the knob with a small screw driver and gently tighten the pot nut with a 1/2" nut driver.

Hey!!!!!

Thanks alot for both of the tips.

The pot tightened up perfectly. The trick with the gain worked as well!!!

I appriciate the help alot, sorry it took so long to respond back.

On the Grail module, When I try and find a good sound with that gain on say 3/10, ya know a cleaner sound, I can not seem to find one. Any ideas on using this as a cleaner sound? I could also use a recomendation on a great clean module. I want to use it with a Digitech GSP 1101 and the lynch box as well as the old original GSP 21 Legend.

Thanks again!!

Grail is not meant for clean; you can try dialing it way down, but that tone will not satisfy

Clean tone depends on the genre you're going for, the guitar you're using. In general...
the KH1 sounds good out of the box
SuperV has a love/hate following, not a lot of low end there but plenty of chime
Stock BFace, make sure it's a recent version or you will need to modify
Deluxe will work, but it has a country mid flavor that may or may not be your taste

Gigmods has an awesome array of modded modules that are great for clean tones, the Gigmods Tweed is awe-inspiring with a Strat, the GigmodsJTM gets you a wides range of Jimi clean to crunch on a strat and ACDC with a gibson. The Gigmods Blackface is my goto clean, I love it on any guitar. Topboost is solid with the gain on a switch it is the most versatile mod around

Did any of that help?

BTW you better hope that isn't Brock the QB because than you just slammed the guy!

Hi all, I sure hope that was not the real guy, I was just kidding around none the less.

I have hooked up my Lynchbox to a Digitech RP 1000 4 cable method now for the pre/post effects. I want to use a MXR-108 10 band EQ, a George Lynch Dragon 2 wah, and a Xotic BB preamp as well. What would be the best way to hook these all together keeping in mind the RP 1000 has one loop on it that I can use either before or after the pre-amp. Not sure how to go about using the Wet/Dry effect knob with it either.

Thank you so much I greatly appriciate it.

**I am also looking for a Keely George Lynch Time Machine Boost***

bhugeford said:
I have hooked up my Lynchbox to a Digitech RP 1000 4 cable method now for the pre/post effects. I want to use a MXR-108 10 band EQ, a George Lynch Dragon 2 wah, and a Xotic BB preamp as well. What would be the best way to hook these all together keeping in mind the RP 1000 has one loop on it that I can use either before or after the pre-amp.

**I am also looking for a Keely George Lynch Time Machine Boost***

I run a RP1000 also. I would run from the guitar to the wah and then into the input of the RP. From there you can put the BB in the stomp loop. The EQ depends on what you want it to do. If it is always on, leave it out front with the wah.

I run: guitar-->Polytune-->MXR Classic OD-->RP with a Trans OD and Tone Press in the stomp loop-->4CM to RM100.