MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just orderd a T2, and introducing my self
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HughJasol
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another possibility - which just bit another forum member too: Did you perhaps use an instrument cable where you should have use a speaker cable? At high output levels, this can damage your transformer. You can unsrew the cable connectors and check it out. If they look melted or damaged in some other way, that's probably what happened . . .
Mesa 20/20
Matrix GT1000FX
Salvation: Dual Salvado Deluxe, Dual MatchVox, Mamba Gold SE
JF: Dual ODS, Dual RVerb, 1959RR Platinum
Stock Duals: BMAN, DLX
Axe-FX II (x2)
MFC-101 (x2)
rottingcorpse
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the nitrox is a great amp for metal. was suprized you said it sounded like a fart in a can. at least you were able to dial it in eventually....

if you do decide to run it with another amp in stereo, the cheapest easiest way to do it is with a stereo chorus pedal with the mix set as low as possible. i run 3 heads with the 2 outside stacks stereo chorused against the center dry stack. insane tones, and fat as hell.

good luck.
Wookieslayer
RM50

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rottingcorpse wrote:

if you do decide to run it with another amp in stereo, the cheapest easiest way to do it is with a stereo chorus pedal with the mix set as low as possible. i run 3 heads with the 2 outside stacks stereo chorused against the center dry stack. insane tones, and fat as hell.

good luck.

holy s*&t.

Glad to be here, in the forum. Needs more posting! I love my T2 and Titan. Also have a Rh200 and share a V2 head. All killer. T2 is my favorite of them all. Razz
Tech 21 Midi Mouse
RS412XLT100
Schecter Omen 6 w/ Crunch Lab
BC Rich Jr V Icon
NBKing100 dude
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Randall Customer Service Reply with quote

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it sounds to me like you are running 4 8ohm cabs with this head. That would be a 2ohm load and would likely explain why you are having problems. Most solid state amps will handle a 4ohm load but I don't think I've ever seen a guitar amp that would handle 2ohms. Again, sorry if I'm assuming anything incorrectly here.

I also wanted to add that I emailed Randall customer support looking for a replacement logo for my NBKING100. I received a reply from Kevin Drury. He informed me that even though they didn't keep those in stock, that he had located one and would send it to me. I offered to pay for the logo and/or shipping and was simply told, "No Charge". Less than a week later, I had my logo. I don't doubt that you had issues but don't write Randall off. When a company changes management, there are always some hiccups along the way. Randall makes some great gear and in my experience, their customer service was top notch.

SEISMIC wrote:
Thanks guys for all the help on this and letting me vent Laughing

i returned the amp for a full refund and i bought the Diamond nitrox and really after messing with the EQ for about 3.5 weeks Shocked i have the sound i wanted and a top shelf amp that has a life time warranty. im really very happy with the diamond and would never get rid of it and now that its eq'd its a true monster but untill i hit the sound i hated it and it took some time but im in love with the beast, how ever ill be getting my RH 200 back and i am really happy about that one Twisted Evil

and i did talk with the guys with randall thru all of the BS i was going thru and there was no help at all, no parts for my rh 200 and no word or calls in over 2 months and it was Keven i was talking too......not impressed nor should i be because i was a true randall fan and i feel let down and i know of at least 5 band members that are in the same boat

its sad to say but its going to take alot for randall to prove there not building crap on mass, and i wont buy another new randall again Sad

edit, im running 2 8omh 400watt 4x12 cabs and 2 100watt 8ohm ext cabs in the chain, no effects
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> T2/V2 Amp Series All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: