MOD 50 EG3 and SL2 clip:

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Czajkowski

Reaction score
low-crawling under the wire at Fort Mastercard
Egnater MOD 50 EG3 and SL2 clip:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5266483&q=hi

Here?s an example of how my new Egnater MOD 50 sounds with an EG3 channel used for rhythms (doubled) and an SL2 B for leads. Guitar is my trust EBMM Steve Mrse model. The cabs were mic?ed with 57s, but they were a little too far away for the cone for me because I keep the amp EQ pretty dark overall. The bight switches for both channels are in the A (less bright position) and most of the tone and gain controls are almost all at a modest 12:00, so there is plenty more juice to go! I set out to just make a clip for EWSEthan over some drums Marco Minnemann gave me, but I think this is actually turning into a tune. We?ll see!

Thanks alot for doing this John. They both sound great. Which do you like better for leads? SL2 or EG4?

-Matt

Well, they both work just great. I'm still getting used to the more modern sound of the new EG3 sound. It was a little less mids than the ie4 3rd Ch. I think that the SL2 is my favorite for leads. It is a lead channel first and a rhythm channel second the way I play. The EG3 is more versatile, but I may vote for the SL2 B channel for my favorite high gain lead. The COD is easily my favorite low gain lead though. They are equally amazing at what they do.

I couldn't resist taking some baby photos! Soon, the new rack will begin taking shape.

724274.jpg