Promise from Steven Baldwin April 11/07

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant wait to get a Super V.
Getting closer to buying my amp Craig!- just 2 more days!

Coool bro nice guitars you have there... I've seen the custom paint... very very cool indeed... looking forward to pics of them all...

Good luck with the amp and please let us know how you make out!

Khing

Thanks bro, Im looking to it! I need to find some good JJ E34L's or EL34's to replace the 6L6's If you come across some in new condition at a good deal! Hell - Im not even sure If thats what I should go with!
as far as my amp I cant wait! :D

AXERAVEN said:
Thanks bro, Im looking to it! I need to find some good JJ or EL34's to replace the 6L6's If you come across some in new condition at a good deal! Hell - Im not even sure If thats what I should go with!
as far as my amp I cant wait! :D

JJ E34L (yes, they are EL34, but seem to push nicer mid harmonic response with tight bottom end). These are the way to go for me, they seem to work really well with the RM100 and the LB heads. Tonewise, they're a little dark in character, but I like it because you can turn up the treble and mids a bit more and not getting overly biting tones. Lots of warmth.
T.

Axeraven if you are replacing 6L6 with EL34's make sure you have the ability to adjust to the bias settings. EL34 are 30 - 38 mv while 6L6 are 28 - 35 mv... there is overlap but in some cases biasing a EL34 in a 6L6 cct is not possible... in the Randall MTS amps it is. In fact you can run two of each in the MTS amps.

Khing

Hey bro thanks , whats up Craig?

Its a Randall RM100 with the Randall factory 6L6's in it.
I want JJE34L's in it! Randall is saying that the JJ E34L (E not EL- My bad lol ) is what is in some of there RM100 amps and Lynch boxes. I have to tell ya This Tube thing has me spinning in circles, lol Im glad some of you have been threw this already!
Thanks for the help bros :)

Latest posts