Hammett not using RM100KH, what will happen now?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
none taking i was just correcting myself. i thought that god forbid and as i lay dying used the mts?

God Forbid plays Peavey now and Sevendust uses Diamond.

Devildriver still uses Randall and so does Dan Donegan even though he's not endorsed by them anymore he still uses them.

Also, don't forget Jeff from Smashing Pumpkins and congrats again to Anthony on his endorsement of his mods!

I think Wagener Just has them as options should the real amps not be on hand or when he reamps a track.. Probably uses a combination but you are right, hardly any pro players use the modular series. Lynch used the brahma plus boost for a while or during his clinics but to my knoweldge I have never seen him using the Judge.In fact, I can't understand how he would have signed off on it considering he is a guy who likes a brighter voiced amp.

Kapo_Polenton said:
I think Wagener Just has them as options should the real amps not be on hand or when he reamps a track.. Probably uses a combination but you are right, hardly any pro players use the modular series. Lynch used the brahma plus boost for a while or during his clinics but to my knoweldge I have never seen him using the Judge.In fact, I can't understand how he would have signed off on it considering he is a guy who likes a brighter voiced amp.

Kapo- If he's got his name on it, I would bet he likes it..Friedman does fantastic work . BTW-This is generally considered the best or one of the best stock modules Randall has done. I still dont understand the concern with the brightness, unless yours was a dud or you prefer more treble than most guitarists? Curious, what is your guitar/pickup combo? I use USA Charvels w/maple necks also some USA Jacksons. All Duncan pickups. Plenty of snap/bite.

I think mode 1 is kind of bright. Mode 2 not as bright, but with a screamer it might come alive more. Oddly enough I think GL lives & dies with a screamer on. :lol:

Hamner1 said:
I think mode 1 is kind of bright. Mode 2 not as bright, but with a screamer it might come alive more. Oddly enough I think GL lives & dies with a screamer on. :lol:

There is a slight difference in available treble between the two modes but definitely enough on tap for me. Yes, George seems to like boosts and a TON of other effects (there are some vids on youtube showing his signal chain)...by the time his signal comes out, it probably sounds nothing like the true amp/module or whatever. George has used all kinds of amps, some bright, some dark- but he always seems to work his way back to a Marshall type tone.

Not sure guys, it simply didn't have enough cut for me? My guitars are alder strats, eboney and maple fretboards, JB humbuckers. Nothing really dark about those qualities really... I like detail and not bass. There might be discrepancies between diff amps who knows! Greenbacks and Super V speakers.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Not sure guys, it simply didn't have enough cut for me? My guitars are alder strats, eboney and maple fretboards, JB humbuckers. Nothing really dark about those qualities really... I like detail and not bass. There might be discrepancies between diff amps who knows! Greenbacks and Super V speakers.
All alder guitars I've tried have missed bite, but that might just be a coincidence.. Are the tubes in it new?

Kirk might not be playing the RM100KH, but I sure as hell will. While I may not be playing the SAME amp as Kirk, I can fulfill all of my Metallica-soundalike fantasies sounding pretty **** close to him, but not having to spend like him. Why should I spend like a multi-million dollar rockstar? If I'm ever on a stage in front of 10,000 people then maybe I'll care if I got the "real" deal. I'm getting in on the MTS stuff at the absolute right time (since it's sadly discontinued)...so I'm basically paying used or solid-state prices to get all-tube amps that are arguably the best this brand has ever produced, and are the absolute top shelf that Randall has to offer (RM100KH :) ).

Latest posts