Protube 1000 info/manual

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shred_head

Reaction score
Hey I just picked up a Protube1000 and was wondering where I could find a manual or some other information (schematics, tubes supported, etc)

I've also just acquired a Randall Protube 1000 Bluesman 4x10 combo (120 series) and would dearly love some info, particularly a schematic of this model.

Any and all info greatly appreciated.

I noticed that someone is looking for protube information.
I recently got a protube 1000 and am looking for a manual and schematic, can some one help me out?

Hi, I would also love to have some extra info on the protube stuff if any one has anything.
Would be a huge help as I cannot find a single thing on the net about them, especially as mine is a rack unit pro tube 1000

Any one can call US Music corp at 800-877-6863 to get a owners manual and schematic on your Randall amp! I have had great success also with my Washburn. I have a 91 Randall pro tube 1000 50 watt 2 channel,8ohms out the back. From clean to extreme and very loud! New GT6L6 power tubes Switchable to (EL34s), and GT12AX7 preamp. Comes with a Soldano 4x12 Celestion vintage 30's 16ohms 240 watt slant cabinet. Between good to very good condition. What is it worth to you? Shoot me a price.

I'm a newbie here, but not to online forums re: guitars, amps and such. I used to have a 1993 Pro Tube 1000 1x12 that I loved, it got ripped off. :(

It had great features, imho, Circuit Breaker instead of fuse, 2-channel of course, EL34 or 6L6 with the "flip of a switch", 1/2 Pwr Sw, Presence, other good stuff I've forgotten about.

I came to the forum hoping to get more info about them, might like to replace it some day. From my notes, I might have a purchased schematic CD downloaded someplace on my retrieved melted down computer HDD, but haven't found it yet. If I do, I'll share here. ;)

I saw a source earlier in this thread for these amps. Anybody know if that's still a good source?

As to what it's worth? I bought it for $350 including s/h in 2002. I thought that was a bargain at the time. Still do. I would estimate around $500+, but the economy is down, so I'm not sure you'll get it. Unfortunately Randall amps undeservedly have a rep for being a one-trick Metal-style pony and discussed that at length with the ebay seller before buying it. I found that DEFINITELY not to be true for THIS amp. For reference, my background is the roots of R&R, Folk music, Folk Rock, Swamp Rock and Classic Rock. Not the background to like the tone of a Metal amp. ;) I found it filled all those sounds just fine, and that was with the EL34's in it. I never even tried the 6L6's that came with it. I was too happy with the sound as it was. But I imagine it would be even cleaner (it wasn't real dirty in the clean (#1) channel if not pushed anyway, imho) with more headroom. It did break up pretty easily, which was a good thing imho.

Hope I can find some more info on what was a great first tube amp for me. I now have a wimpy Epi 10 atm, not a bad lil' Class A tube amp. Used to have a JC-55 back from 1986 to around 2005. That's my history with amps. Acoustic guitars (finally a Martin D-18) until 1986, then a 1986 Ibanez RG600 Roadstar II and later a Highway 1 Strat.

Any way... Hi guys. I hope to hang around here a bit. Ya'all sound 8)

PS: Oh, anyone have general info on these amps? When produced, different models, changes in features and so forth. Any info is good info. ;)