Lynch Box Combo?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys will be the first to know. Just hang tight.

Edit: Check this link out http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=3112

Well, I still have the one and only?

Let me tell you, this is becoming a real favorite of mine. It's loaded with the Brahma and the Mr. Scary. Dave F. modded each, and he modded the Lynchbox as well. Plus I put NOS tubes into each. And then one in the PI slot, and the NOS Sylvania/Fender STR 6L6s in the power section. Ahh..why? I'm just a tweaker. It was awesome stock. But now it's made me put my Tremoverb away in the closet - it can't touch this in terms of cleans, and the distorted tones have no fizz and are just crazy good. I don't like my Wizard Modern Classic as much. And my IIC+ is out at Mike B's now, but I'm standing by my story. There's something special here.

The 1x12 combo cab is Egnater designed? Well, whoever designed it, it sounds HUGE with the Super V speaker in there. The biggest 1x12 I've ever heard. I have a 4x12 sitting right next to it, and I don't think it gives anything up to the 4x12. It's made me consider whether I should get a 1x12 Extension cabinet with a different speaker in it just for additional tonal options. Of course, they don't make these yet.

Anyway, whenever the Lynchbox 50W Combo is released, everyone's in for a real treat.

LockStock said:
Well, I still have the one and only?

Let me tell you, this is becoming a real favorite of mine. It's loaded with the Brahma and the Mr. Scary. Dave F. modded each, and he modded the Lynchbox as well. Plus I put NOS tubes into each. And then one in the PI slot, and the NOS Sylvania/Fender STR 6L6s in the power section. Ahh..why? I'm just a tweaker. It was awesome stock. But now it's made me put my Tremoverb away in the closet - it can't touch this in terms of cleans, and the distorted tones have no fizz and are just crazy good. I don't like my Wizard Modern Classic as much. And my IIC+ is out at Mike B's now, but I'm standing by my story. There's something special here.

The 1x12 combo cab is Egnater designed? Well, whoever designed it, it sounds HUGE with the Super V speaker in there. The biggest 1x12 I've ever heard. I have a 4x12 sitting right next to it, and I don't think it gives anything up to the 4x12. It's made me consider whether I should get a 1x12 Extension cabinet with a different speaker in it just for additional tonal options. Of course, they don't make these yet.

Anyway, whenever the Lynchbox 50W Combo is released, everyone's in for a real treat.
Pics?

I posted a pic earlier in the thread. It's so dark, with the white brahma module, it's hard to photograph if you suck as photographer. And I do.

I don't really do clips because I'm a recording novice and I don't want my crappy recording to be what the world hears and associates with an amp. I can't seem to get my clips to sound anything like I hear. Still, I'm considering getting it done.

LockStock said:
I posted a pic earlier in the thread. It's so dark, with the white brahma module, it's hard to photograph if you suck as photographer. And I do.

I don't really do clips because I'm a recording novice and I don't want my crappy recording to be what the world hears and associates with an amp. I can't seem to get my clips to sound anything like I hear. Still, I'm considering getting it done.

If you have a digital camera, they usually do movies....seems like the easiest way to get a quick clip up and more representative of 'room tone' than close mic'ing..even tho' the mics in all cams are pretty horrible :D

They really need to make some of these! I want one :lol: I'm still on the bubble about buying a Randall. Watch, I'll buy a RM50 and then they'll release the RM50LB that I'll have to buy.

I just got the Randall 2008 catalog and it has the RM50LB in it! Can anyone tell me when these will be available? I was planning on getting and RM50 Combo but if these are gonna be out soon I'll just wait.

RD/Rich said:
As there isn't technically a RM50LB, there isn't a price really available for them. LockStock is the proud owner of the ONLY one that was a one-off prototype that we made for George to check out.

:D

Well, in memory of the retirement of the MTS line, here is a pic of the 1x12 Lynchbox, which I still own, and plan to for a long time.

photo-3.jpg

A great amp, and a great line of amps. I've got a few other nice amps, but this one is a keeper. With the now discontinued Lynch V12 speaker (which at 150W and with a thunderous bottom end like no other, makes it a perfect for a high powered 1x12 combo), I guess this amp will be destined to be rather unique.

This amp always struck me as sounding really really great when opened up, and with the gain a little lower. Really does nail the Lynch tones, which I believe to be among the best every recorded.

There is one of these on Ebay right now, I'm sorely tempted to buy it! But almost a grand for it. Do you know how many were ultamately made? I know you had a monopoly on it for awhile!

I am not at all sure how many were made, but it cannot be many.

At the end of the day, once these are all sold, the modular version will be a rare amp. My version is a different styling but both stylings are cool.

I would be jumping on it. Still might go for a head version in the new styling before they are gone.

In no way do I thimk the non-mts version being put out now is anywhere near as cool.

I'm selling my RM50LB combo with a blackface SL+... look in the classifieds ;)

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13852