if you could have only one amp?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikal69

Reaction score
if you could have only one amp (besides an MTS series) what would it be?

for me it would be an Egnater Tourmaster or Mesa MkV

My Tremoverb.
It does EVERYTHING.
Beautiful Clean channel that can crunch up. Vintage High Gain, Modern High Gain, and the Blues channel are all absolutely amazing.
Plus the Spongy/Bold power switch and the switchable rectifiers give me endless tonal options.

One amp? Did I hit the lotto jackpot? Or am I restricted to my budget? Actually since I'm not gigging, I'll take a AXE FX II and a better pair of near fields on an unlimited budget for a Dumble ODS model.

On my current budget I'll stick with the POD HD 500 and what I've got. I've got a real sweet setting I use about 90% of the time: two cascading tube screamers into a Fender Twin Reverb with a tasty amount of reverb. Neck pickup on the G&L Legacy. I'm good. :) I'm usually playing past the 10 pm noise window.

thanks for all the replies, the reason i ask is i'm strictly working in the studio now and looking for something a little different, was thinking about going the axe-fx route, but not sure about the cleans on it, which is where i feel most digital stuff falls short. I play about 90% of the time with my RM4 going to my MOTU and using Redwirez or Recab 3 IR's which sounds pretty **** good, just feel like maybe trying something new out.

Any Axe-fx owners out there who can chime in? how good is it compared to the MTS stuff?

My 1959 customized Soldano Bognerized VHT TremoVerbed FuzzFace Supro

IMG_0845.jpg

Since I like rack setups, I would have to go with Soldano X99. It would be cool to acquire one of these at some point.

Otherwise the SLO. I'm a Soldano tone fan without a doubt.