why do you hate nickelback

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their songs are always the same formula.. usually about some psycho chick he was with... or about Strip clubs... gee cant imagine why he cant find a nice girl to write a song for there..

OK...
'Cause if Nickelback was a prostitute and you paid her a dime, she gives you a nickel back, holmes...
For some reason when that sentence played back in my head it had a Mexican accent on it. I am not sure why, but no offense to Mexicans. Nickelback? Well...****...Sorry Nickelback... :lol:

Can't .. resist .. must .. *&$%^%!@ Nickelback!!

But seriously, 2 things have been said here: they are actually musically good .. at the same time they are the definition of pop sellouts who only write "cool" songs about psycho chicks, strippers and sometimes something softer stuff when they want some extra money.

So I think the hate flows from that combo.
I think this is also why the hate isn't understood, people who are fine with the "sellout" part of it will just see the great music..

These guys blow goats now. "The State" was a good album though. I'll measure everything I hear from them to that.

I like "Savin Me" to some extent. The rest are pale immitations which frankly is a little sad because it's not something worth immitating quite so much.

I just dont like the style of music..it doesnt convey any kind of a feeling to me when I hear it,I just dont connect with it...kind of like bands like Shinedown...I see all teh time that people think that guy is an awesome singer,but I think it sounds horrible...like their version of Simple man(Shinedown)....makes me kringe...alot of these guys sound like they cant sing in key,very disonant sounding...Give me a Chris Cornell any day over these so called modern rock singers...

alowerdeep said:
give me a Chris Cornell any day of these so called modern rock singers...
Now thats a singer!!! :twisted:
I can listen to NB and SD but I feel the same. I just dont feel they are real. I classify NB in the stripper music class. :lol: Which is funny
because the last interview I heard Chad Kroeger in he mentioned being
informed to get a song played in a club. :wink:

Great review of their album in latest "Classic Rock" magazine. I just grabbed it from newstand - it's an excellent British zine - came with 12 song Joe Bonamassa CD!

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/the-new-issue-of-classic-rock-is-out-now-2/

The author's description a few paragraphs in is priceless... can't seem to find quote online...

here it is "they're a heartless, souless, witless, empty-calorie-super-sized-****-flavored-big-bucket of a stadium rock band." review closes with "if this is the best that rock n roll can do in 2012, then we're all fck'd"

Luckily there is some great rock n roll out there, new and old, just harder to find.

For example, Michael Schenker this saturday night, HOB Hollywood!