Randall isolation cabs?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
I had a question regarding the isolation cabs-

I play my RM100 at home all the time, If I plugged my amp into one of these, would it help decrease the overall volume if I was playing at home and didn't want to use an attenuator? Would I still be able to hear my amp? Or is are the isolation cabs really just meant for recording?

Peace-

Yeah should allow you to crank the thing pretty decently in an apartment or something. I know Ola Englund / Fearedse of youtube/Feared and Scarpoint bands used to use one in his. I'm not sure how well it attenuates the volume but it does help!

Wookieslayer said:
Yeah should allow you to crank the thing pretty decently in an apartment or something. I know Ola Englund / Fearedse of youtube/Feared and Scarpoint bands used to use one in his. I'm not sure how well it attenuates the volume but it does help!

Thanks. most of my neibord don't care, but the woman who lives next door to me is a real ***** and calls the cops all the time. I'm probably going to get the Iso cab and report back.

The cab is made for getting cranked tone while recording. It is not really suitable for using as a monitor just for playing. Sure, you could leave the lid open, but you may not like what you hear. Check out the demos on youtube.

Check up on local noise ordinance laws. Unless you're playing late at night there's nothing she could do in most places.

Hell, there's no such thing as a noise ordinance where I live at all.

I had an ex-neighbor from Canada who decided she would set the rules for the entire neighborhood. After years of trying to be a civil person I finally snapped. I would regularly crank my rig at 3AM (I live on a private dirt road with literally 2 neighbors within 4 miles of my house), and there was nothing she could do.

I generally try to be a nice guy but if you're going to try to call the cops and animal control on someone for spite, be prepared for any and all consequences. The cops thought it was a waste of their time, and animal control realized that her dogs had bitten like 3 people and attacked multiple dogs - so they took her dogs away from her. Karma is a *****. :D