rectified & xtc clips

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been meaning to congratulate you for that xtc clip. It's awsome. It has a very similar tone to Alex Skolnick's lead tone in early testament (Practice what you preach era) which is exactly the the lead sound i want. What settings did you use for that clip?

wow, both sounded GREAT! That recorded rectifier clip makes me start thinking about selling mine! I like that recto clip much more than the one on the egnater site, that's more of the kind of the sound I go for: high gain sure, but not gain to 10, with the right mix of tightness and saggyness.

Was this recorded at fairly loud volumes? I think I'm itching for a mod 50..

:shock: Very nice clips! I like both XTC and recto sounds!.
Which cab you had when recording? with V30?

What guitar and what pickups?

Must buy XTC next :) Egnater Erect I already have, it's great..

For the Recto clip, were you using a guit with active electronics etc or what? What guitar and pickups? Thanks for the clips. I sent back my Egnater Erect module because it just sounded loose and tubby to me.

tks.

Were you using active pickups or an overdrive pedal etc on the Plexi or Recifier clips? They sounded like they had just a bit of extra crunchiness to them...especially the Plexi clip. Nice work.

Bad a$$ clips bro!
I loved all of them, great how I could pick out your playing to hear it.
Thanks for the ear candy :)

Hey Troy,
I hope you get back here soon, I cant wait to hear what you have to say about some of the good questions of your clips and set up! :) I think I'm going to mod a Recto module after I get My SUPER V, MR. SCARY and BRAHMA or GRAIL not sure of which one of those 2 yet but afterwards I'm going to mod a recto for sure! Man I love the diverse modules that are available and if you don't like them you can trade, sell them out to get new ones! :) Once again Thanks troy!

hey everyone. sorry its taken so long to get back. as far as the pickups, on the rectified clip its a joe barden two tone humbucker in a cheap fender strat, with no over drive, its a pretty hot pickup. the plexi clip im playing a custom jackson with a mahogany body with a gibson burst bucker pro in it. i am runing a smart people factory green line pedal in front of it, its basically a ts 808. im playing through legacy 2x12 cabs with vin. 30s. thanks again for all the great raplies

I have a fully stock XTC, hear it on www.myspace.com/intotheoceanforever

I do all guitar parts