Voodoo Amps modded modules - faceplates by Sacred Groove

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewiv

Reaction score
It has been a long time, but they are finally done. I thought I'd share and give a public thank you to Trace and Scott for all the work that went into these mods. Here are the pics of my mods, now finished:
DSC_0005-1-1.jpg

DSC_0006-2-1.jpg

DSC_0008-2-1.jpg

DSC_0010-2-1.jpg

Spencer4hire said:
Those turned out visually very cool. How do they sound?

They are awesome. I can cover a ton of ground with these four modules alone. Mark does a great classic Mark I tone, with a hint of a Mark IV as you kick up the gain. HG-Jose is a great modded Marshall 80's tone. The Tsunami takes it up a notch from there, it has more gain and more bite. The UG-Jose has a ton of gain. The only offering from Voodoo that has more gain is the Sear Mod. Trace does good work and I love all of these.

Whoopysnorp said:
I thought you were going 100% fully dual-channel?

Nearly 100%. These will be for sale when I get dual channel replacements, but these have become modules I can't live without. So, until I get my new ones, these will remain here. :D I still have about a dozen single channels. I have to use something until my dual channels get here, most of them are out for modding. :lol:

drewiv said:
Spencer4hire said:
Those turned out visually very cool. How do they sound?

They are awesome. I can cover a ton of ground with these four modules alone. Mark does a great classic Mark I tone, with a hint of a Mark IV as you kick up the gain. HG-Jose is a great modded Marshall 80's tone. The Tsunami takes it up a notch from there, it has more gain and more bite. The UG-Jose has a ton of gain. The only offering from Voodoo that has more gain is the Sear Mod. Trace does good work and I love all of these.
Thanks for replying. I think I will have to try some VooDoo mods.

Amazing! I know those Jose's sound awesome- Really would love to hear Trace's Tsunami and Mark. How do those compare Drew? And Scott's faceplates are great and take these to the next level IMO.

rblyn said:
Amazing! I know those Jose's sound awesome- Really would love to hear Trace's Tsunami and Mark. How do those compare Drew? And Scott's faceplates are great and take these to the next level IMO.

The Tsunami has a gain level in between the HG and UG. Not as saturated as a Marshall mod, tons of clear, biting gain. I really love that one. The Mark is like an original Mark tone, with a hint more gain. Especially if you really start pushing the gain. Both of those mods need serious attention. There not filled with switches, bells and whistles. Just good tone, I love them. I currently have dual channel modules at Trace for the Mark, HG-Jose and Tsunami. That's how much I think of them.

Dual channel Voodoo modules? Wow! If there's any way to get clips, please do post some....Trace is a master of tone- regardless of the amp he works on. I loved my Jose mods. I will reacquire some soon- I went after the RR Plat and Salvado that were available and had to move some mods to do so but miss them dearly. But seriously, for those who havent tried any of his mods, they are on par with anything out there. He's got some of the best guitarist in the world using his amps- nuff said!

Rising Farce said:
I just picked up a Scorch that absolutely smokes. I might have to try the Tsunami and Mark next.

You probably mean the Sear, right? :wink:

+1 on Voodoo Amps Mods!

I have the HG-Jose, UG-Jose (Thanks Rblyn)!, Dual Rec, & Tsunami, and they are all killer, awesome tone, and Trace is phenomenal to work with overall.

Guys, thank you so very much for all the kind words and support. You are the reason we do this. There is nothing greater than when you connect with a tone and in inspires you to play. In and of itself that is what I strive for when Modding and designing. Hopefully that comes across in some small way. Thank you again guys, truly and sincerely!

Have a great week!
Trace