Snagged a steal of a Squier Tele

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctgblue

Reaction score
Had been looking for a used squier affinity strat or tele to use as a 'beach/back porch' practice amp guitar.
Something with a few dings I won't worry about so much.

Tried some bullets (nasty hardware, tuners are junk)
Found some $100 affinity strats, but I hate solid colors and strat trems.
Was in guitar center, on my way out, having just told the sales guy what I was looking for, when in walks a guy with a butterscotch blonde affinity tele.

Sales guy, "what are you looking to do"
dude with guitar, "I want to sell this"
Sales guy looks at me, "you interested"
I ask, "how much"
dude, "$50"
Me,"if it works, sold"
plugged it in, ran through the pickups, everything worked.
Went to ATM, got the guy his cash.
took guitar home.
it smelled like an ashtray, took the 'really nice' leather strap off, put it in a bucket with coffee grounds to try and save it.
cut nasty string off guitar, creful to not get poked and catch some disease (they were nasty)
took a good look at the guitar and it was in 'very good' shape
normal "he had it leaning against a wall on the floor for several year and it got knocked around' dings, but other than that, really nice
took out screws and WD40's the rusty ones.
The guitar deoderized quickly, only a slight smoke smell, it was the strap, had to throw it away. Neck is straight, frets are like new, action is decent.

I am now turning it into a 'black and tan' with black hardware and black pearl pickguard and twin rail buckers.
I'll wait until after the beach trip to finish it, so I don't oxidize the balck hardware with the salt air.
got a Micro Cube RX with built in drum machine, so it's a good practice setup.

Having to sell the Laney IronHeart 60 watt head and move all my stuff downstairs as there is a little one on the way to our house in November. I wasn't expecting a baby in the house...

tele1s.jpg

tele2s.jpg

total investment under $150