Sacred Groove mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
What modifications does Sacred Groove offer? Are any of his mods better than another?

XTC LE
Diablo
Fisch
MK22
Bully

He has some cool stuff in the works and sure he will release more info on that here soon :)

I LOVE all of Scott's mods but the XTC LE and my custom Diablo (Recto) are my two favorites.

I have the Diablo and the MK22. Both are first-rate, but the MK22 is the real standout, in my opinion. It just oozes Marshallness.

Disciple said:
XTC LE
Diablo
Fisch
MK22
Bully

He has some cool stuff in the works and sure he will release more info on that here soon :)

I LOVE all of Scott's mods but the XTC LE and my custom Diablo (Recto) are my two favorites.

What's the Bully?

I have a Fisch. Rocks all the way around. I would try more but have been pretty set on modules at the moment.

The Rossness said:
What's the Bully?

The Bully is another Marshall-flavored module that is more based around late '60s Plexis than the late '70s master volume sound that the MK22 has. Pretty Van Halen-y. Mike P did a clip of it a while back and it sounded excellent, of course.

Sacred Groove built me a mod called The Criminal which is a 5153 mod with both the blue channel & red channel. He also built me another mod called Afterlife but I have been sworn to secrecy :lol: on the tone for which it is derived until he announces it here on the forum. Both are killer modules.

The Rossness said:
What modifications does Sacred Groove offer? Are any of his mods better than another?

Hey, thanks for the inquiry!

As others have pointed out the mods I currently offer, I am about to release 4-5 more in the next few weeks. A few new ones have been built already to test the waters. So far, nobody has asked for any kind of revision. I have been keeping a low profile lately, but that should change soon.

The Bully? Whoopy answered pretty good, but it started as an original Plexi, and I went for the early Van Halen sound. Mike P did make a clip, and I also made a clip. Here's a link to mine: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11358641

I have seen many "one off" mods by SG as well. I have owned two. I am really digging this SG XTC I have now. Its based on the cleaner side of the Blue channel. Great response to pick attack and can get great drive when pushed. Cant wait for another SG mod! :wink:

Scott does some wicked stuff. I'll be working with him again shortly. Great guy and great modder. The Bully and MK22 are tops for me.

Bring it on! Your 5153 sounds interesting, are there any clips yet? I recently saw a demo on youtube of someone pushing the clean channel with the preamp opened up and that 5153 does a nice old school JTM45 type of AC DC sound, anyway to hit that in a module I wonder?

Brief description of several SG mods from the man himself:

SacredGroove said:
The XTC is very articulate, with a modern Marshall EQ and gain structure, very versatile.

The Fisch is a little spongy with plenty of gain, it's smooth in sustain and rich in the mids. The mids are hard to describe because in the same instance they can seem scooped, as well as, in your face. Some people love it and others sell it after a day or so. I think it's a tone and feel that needs getting used to because it definitely has its own character.

I have a JMP mod called MK22 that absolutely slays the 70's and early 80's Marshall tones. It's a mid gain mod that contains both 2203 and 2204 circuits. An additional option is a gain boost which should satisfy the people that wished the MK22 had more gain...LOL.

The Bully is based on the EVH tones of VHII and Fair Warning. It has two switches for two different types of gain structuring. The EQ is like the vintage Plexi that Eddie used and overall, I am so happy with the way it turned out. It's got a lot of gain available too.

SacredGroove said:
The Bully is based on the EVH tones of VHII and Fair Warning. It has two switches for two different types of gain structuring. The EQ is like the vintage Plexi that Eddie used and overall, I am so happy with the way it turned out. It's got a lot of gain available too.

ALOT of gain :). People are going to be surprised how much this has, it definitely is one of the highest gain mods I have owned.

asking which SG module is the best is a preference question, the bottom line is this guy knows tone. I had his Diablo and have his Fisch and they are outstanding. Which reminds me, I wish I hadn't flipped that Diablo so fast :cry:

Agreed all of Scott's mods are phenomenal, not to mention his customer service is top notch! You will not be disappointed with any mod from him, I haven't :)

" the bottom line is this guy knows tone. I had his Diablo and have his Fisch and they are outstanding. Which reminds me, I wish I hadn't flipped that Diablo so fast "

Wow, Ray, you tend to say that a lot! LOL. Maybe you should re-think the next time you want to flip a mod. However, I am the proud owner of your old XMG thanks to your obsessive/compulsive disorder.

:lol: ...and there may be more major flipping soon...I have a KPA that is capturing my module tones; I will likely need to liquidate a few things to pay for summer AC bills...my electric bills the next few months are usually monstrous :cry:

Scott's stuff is awesome and great guy to deal with. Have his Fisch and XTC LE and both are amazing.

I have four dual channel donors on the way to Scott now and they will become:
XTC
Fisch
MK22
The Bully

As you can tell, I'm not a big fan of Marshall-esque tones. :lol: We're going to give that M4 he just got a workout and both Scott and I are excited about the project. He's also doing some custom faceplate work for me. Keep your eyes open, boys!