RM50B Differences/Question??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButchieT

Reaction score
I currently own and use a RM50B combo in a cover band. I have an older model with the older logo and one that is less than a year old. Even using the exact same tubes/modules and tube bias settings, the older one is more powerful and cleaner....I have tried everything to make sure that both are tested w/the same components (tubes/modules) and I am wandering if the older ones were made differently and how I could get them more equal. The newer one is just a little less powerful and breaks up way before the older one. I use the Plexi mod and the Tweed for clean sounds. Any suggestions or explanations??

I can't see why this would be. Speaker impedence maybe?

Try plugging a single button footswitch into the rear "Master Volume Boost" jack. See if that does something.

(just thinking out loud here) :wink:

Thanks for the suggestion...I'll try the footswitch thing....as far as the impedence....both are the same GT75W spkrs...same impedence setting
at least I think....I haven't pulled the speakers!

I've noticed that the docs mention an 8-ohm speaker, and I look at mine and it is 16-ohm. Might be related. Mine is less than a year old.

AFter checking both speakers, both are 16 ohm, which is what I have the selector set to. Still can't figure what the difference is caused by??