Just Got the WORD... Lynch Mods in CALGARY.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
Just got confirmation this evening @ 8PM that the MR Scary and Brahma mods have arrived in Calgary.
I will have them tomorrow.
No word on the Super V.

Khing

That is Bad A$$ News Craig, I bet your PUMPED after the Long wait!
Let me know how it sounds after you put it to the test.
I'm Glad you Guys are finally getting your Modules, I cant wait to get mine! :)

Yes it is good news for sure!
What sucks is I went out to play my Lynch Box last night... let her warm up for five to six minutes started playing and poof... blew the fuses in the outside pair of tubes... checked the bias and it was high... too high... when I bought the amp I measured the bias and wrote it down... 43ma they were sitting at 47... outside the normal/recommended operating range. Now how did that happen. I've never had that happen before... the only time I've ever blown a fuse is when the tubes go while playing or back years ago when I experimented with bias resistance... ooops
Tubes seem fine though. Gonna have to spend some time looking into what went wrong and if needed the amp will have to visit the warrantee tek.
I did notice that the fuses are250ma fast blow... seems low to me I usually see 500ma fast blow... anyways...

Khing

Got fuses and I am now running JJ EL34 instead of the JJ EL34L.
Bad tube from the origionals shipped with the amp... got about 60 hrs out of them.
If this is anything like other members here I'll be waiting forever for Randall to replace the tubes... maybe I'll get my dealer to communicate with JJ directly.

Khing

Khing, where are you in Calgary? Are these mods at a music store or something you ordered online. I've been waiting on a 1086 module for over 3 months and Total Music centre on 17Ave SE has been waiting about the same time for his Lynchbox to be filled. The only module that arrived is the Mr Scary. I would like to get together with a fellow Randall module owner and hear some different tones. I have the SL+ (modded), Brown, Ultra, Deluxe, and clean.

I'm in Airdrie...

Total Music has been waiting three months... I was waiting for 6 months and some have waited a year. I recieved mine thru Music Centre Canada.

When did they get the Mr Scary?

Khing

I never ordered the Scary. That was the only one they got for their Lynch Box. They've had it for about 1 1/2 month or so. I've never even tried the Scary yet, but I'm using the SL+ for my main gain sound right now. It's working for the Marshal thing.