XTC basemod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
I recently recieved a custom JF XTC it has 2 switches, a 2 way tight switch and a 2 way mid boost/cut, I suspect that it also had a base mod because it sounds much better than the clips ive heard of the stock xtc.. So how do i go about finding out if it has had a base mod, There are definatly some mods done to the guts of the module with some large orange caps but i have no idea if they are just for the switches or weather they are from a full basemod...
any help would be appreciated
-mp-

Almost everything I have ever made had a minimum of a Base Mod done to it. I can only remember 3 times a module ever went out the door with just a switch added and it was for very special circumstances (typically a reworking of a poorly done switch by someone else, such as the KH3 I just sent back to you). These mods are clearly marked "NO BASE MODS" to eliminate any confusion if the mod is ever sold.

The easiest way to find out about any mod is to email with either a SN# or date from the bottom of the module.

Do keep in mind all mods pre-2011 were custom work and tailored to exactly what the original customer requested from the module. I standardized the line with the Replica and Original Mods around January 2011, but Custom Shop work is still an Ala Carte experience. As such, any module dated from 2007-2010 can be quite different from one another. The best way to find out if one of these old mods are for you is to try it.

Hope that helps,
Rob

I suspect it has had a base mod due to the tone of the module is better than any of the stock xtc video's ive seen, anyways ill be calling u today rob as to what i want done to it now that i have had a chance to play with it a bit.
-mp-

OK im gonna wait a couple weeks to save some cash and get a little more familiar with the xtc as it stands its a great module, I keep the tight switch engaged and the mid cut on and it puts out a killer high gain tone... it'll be a couple weeks anyways cuz the faceplate dude who said he would gladly put the name of the switches on a custom jf xtc faceplate is gonna be outa town next week so ill be waiting till sept. ... Im stocked pretty good anyways since the 59rr and the markx have not left my amp since the day they arrived...
-mp-