QuickMod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Ive been looking at the quickmod since it was released supposedly has 3 levels of Overdriven marshall tones, Does it overlap with say my 59rr custom? I like the sound in the demo but can it do metal? Ive got about enough for either the quickmod or the ev trilogy to go along with the other 2 mods im getting so which will satisfy my urge for modern and classic metal the best?

-mp-

There's a limited number of Quick Mods out there, so let me give you my opinion.

With absolutely no honeymoon hangover, the Quick Mod is probably my absolute favorite creation to date. It is hot-rodded Marshall at it's finest, but it also completely unique in it's feature set and the way they all interact with each other. This mod also has some unique options and circuits that haven't been used anywhere else in MTS modules. I actually spent about 30 hours of my "vacation" at Greek cafes designing it over iced coffees while my wife was presenting at a conference last month. This one got a LOT of R&D and is very special.

The EV3 is great for metal, but it is a completely different animal. They are far from interchangeable and really can't be dialed in like each other at all.

I have the QuickMod and I previously owned the '59RR standard edition. In my opinion the '59RR does everything the QuickMod does not. The '59RR does vintage Marshall tones wonderfully, but doesn't get in to hot rodded high gain tones. The QuickMod is just the opposite. I'm VERY happy that I have a MK22 and Mash-All to take care of my lower gain Marshall tones.
But the QuickMod is THE high gain Marshall tone I've been trying to find!

How much higher-gain would you say the QuickMod gets than the MK22? I don't personally feel like I have a need for a greater amount of gain than the MK22 delivers in 2204 mode with the gain up around 8 or 9. Would you describe the QM as having a great deal more gain than that, or similar gain level with a different character?

Whoopysnorp said:
How much higher-gain would you say the QuickMod gets than the MK22? I don't personally feel like I have a need for a greater amount of gain than the MK22 delivers in 2204 mode with the gain up around 8 or 9. Would you describe the QM as having a great deal more gain than that, or similar gain level with a different character?

Between the switches, there are really 6 levels of gain available: OD 1/2 with 3 Gears available to each. They are all unique and change both gain and feel. The other options are where this module truly shines in a special way though. The Deep and Presence allow for a unique range of tones and sculpting options that are hard to beat.

Whoopysnorp said:

QM certainly has more gain than the MK22 and also has a very different character.