Which module to get very close to DSL red?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevearino

Reaction score
I currently have the XTC,Plexi and Blackface(came preloaded with these). Is there a module that gets me real close to the red channel of a DSL100? I have this head and would like to emulate the red channel of it through my RM100(E34L JJ's at 42mV) if at all possible. Probably sounds odd, but the XTC and having the density at around 8-9, isn't cutting it. I have the eq set at gain 7-8, treble 6, mids 5-7, bass 8, level 3 and master 7. Presence is at about 8-9. BTW - it seems the treble gets real 'muffly' at anything under 7-8 on the presence, is this normal? I'm still getting used to this amp and might need to adjust my settings, any suggestions?
Also, what is the highest, sickest gain module without being too trebly? Thanks!

stevearino said:
...Is there a module that gets me real close to the red channel of a DSL100?
...Also, what is the highest, sickest gain module without being too trebly? Thanks!

I alway thought the DSL red channel WAS too trebly. :?

I guess you might be happy with the Ultra XL module. Or wait a while for the Lynch modules - one of them might suit you. :wink:

I used to think that too, until I started using the deep switch, hehe. Sometimes I use the tone shift and set the mids around 7. Just about everyone seems to hate the deep and tone shift switches. I am almost ashamed to say, I really like em. :oops:
I just ordered an Ultra XL and a modern module. I went to Music123's site and liked the modern clip.
Thanks Scooter. I am anxious to hear the Lynch modules. :)

Have you tried the SL+ ? I believe it's designed to be a hot-rodded JCM800/900 type sound, which feels like it should be more in-line with the DSL's than the other modules. Definitely one of the most-used modules in my collection for both gigging & recording.

--B

bduersch said:
Have you tried the SL+ ? I believe it's designed to be a hot-rodded JCM800/900 type sound, which feels like it should be more in-line with the DSL's than the other modules. Definitely one of the most-used modules in my collection for both gigging & recording.

--B

Thanks B! :D I will check that one out too.