RD/MAN ( the head hancho ) the resolve please. !!!LOOK!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
These photos are definetly worth a thousand words or should I say not worth a thousand dollars either way they speek for themselves.

Randall Lynch Box tolex issues... this amp came out of the shipping packaging/box/wrap like this with me and the store manager present.

My twelve inch ruler...

Notice the wrinkle below the screw on the left... this amp was recieved with this wrinkle... oh and notice where my 12 inch ruler is. I placed it there with ease. See the input jack with cable installed. This is the right top quarter in reference to the orientation of the photos.

Left Top Quarter...

Left Bottom Quarter... notice the speaker connection.

Right Bottom Quarter... notice the speaker connection.

Close up... I had to be carful as to where I placed my ruler as if I get to close to the gold piping the tolex lets go alltogether and becomes a flap.
No need to show that as I feel these photos are very adequate at showing the tolex issues.

I talked with the manager of MCC today and he says that the head store manager has the glue to fix this problem. Well unfortunatly this is not in need of a bandaid it is in need of major surgery.
It is quite clear to me the owner of this high end flagship head that this tolex issue has two options for resolve... 1) be re-applied professionally or 2) a new head box should be sent out to me with the corrections made to the tolex issues. I prefer the second option. Because the wood will not accept the glue as well now on my current Lynch Box Head it's pours are now occupied with bad glue.
It's worth noting that...
In a conversation with Steve Baldwin ( while waiting for mods to arrive ) he mentioned that an issue did occur with the glue catalist and Randall needed to recall a bunch of amps. This issue was thought to be in the lower line of products and not in the high end. To clarify this is not my first high end tube amp. From my experience properly applied tolex is very very difficult to remove. It apprars that the only thing holdong the tolex on this Lynch Box are the scrwew and the feet.
The cabinet also has tolex issues and will need the same resolve as the head. If photos are required of the cab just let me now RD/MAN.

I also feel it is within reason for me to request that you to have your field rep call me and arrange to come out and see this product first hand at the Music Centre Canada location in Airdrie where we can firm up the resolve with the store manager present.

I would like an answere by no later than two weeks from now.

RD/MAN Feel free to email for further discussion if you feel that is more appropriate.

Khingpynn

That is unacceptable for a brand new amp in my book. I feel for you right there man and hope everything turns out for the best. I would be ultra-pissed if my brand new amp arrived like that. However, on the other hand, don't you think it's a little silly for you to put a time-frame on your request? Asking nicely is usually more effective.
Nevertheless, hope you get your replacement as soon as possible!

You are right putting a time frame on my request is silly. To clarify I want a solid answere in two weeks not necessarily the resolve.
The reason for the time limit is that Randall has been deplorable with taking care of issues thus far in as far as my experiences go.
I feel I am justified to give them a time limit to reply and stand by that decision.

Whats worse is I know I'm not the only one and others have had it much worse.
Randall needs to step up to the plate here for sure.

Khing

man,that's absolutely pitiful!!! there's completely NO excuse for a piece of gear to leave a factory,supposedly after final inspection,and to be received like this...much less the fact that we're talking about POOR quality craftsmanship,here,to begin with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...just NO excuse...period!!!

Find my WarheadX2 schematics while you're at it :lol:.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188741#188741

Outstanding! Email received. I've been looking for those for almost a year.

If anybody ever needs a copy, get in touch with me!

Rich... I truely appreciate your reply in such an expedient manner. I would also like to say publicly that I do appreciate your understanding in this situation and I now feel confident that a resolve will be met in a timely manner.
I have called you and left a message with all my information and look forward to speaking with you in the very near future.

Khing