New Vybe Deluxe demo clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
For those of you who don't follow us on Facebook, we revealed a new Replica Mod yesterday called the Vybe Deluxe. It's based on classic Fender Vibroverb and deluxe Reverb amps and has a very cool vintage vibe and feel to it. It features a 3-way toggle for Vybe, Deluxe and Pushed modes and features the vintage Brownface-era tone stack.

The very first one shipped today to forum member Oregon and if has a cool vintage mustard-yellow plate. Once the final art for the standard model is complete next week a full reveal will be posted on our website.

For now, here is a quick teaser clip:
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11858639

Looking fwd to getting that up and running in my rig! And I'm honored to have been part of a new mod (the thought, I don't know nothin bout birthin no modules! Is running though my mind as I type this :)

It defintatly has that vibe of jumpin' on strat & just noodling off some mellow clean work on the couch or back porch with a little combo.

This reminds me, I need to add a clean module to the mix again. I have an extra paycheck coming up next month. Time to start watching the classified section.

So far really loving the mod - I'm playing around a bit between modes, gain, tone and power amp tubes with various pickup combinations. Lots more playing to be had with the Vybe Deluxe I'd say!

All 3 modes really work distinctly yet have a common mother :) The Sweet srpoing :) from the Vybe is fun, and the Deluxe seems to still be there, only much better, and the pushed is a fairly different animal, but nice and musical.

It's also looking pretty **** sweet in what was a mostly empty RM4 too!

It's sounding even better in my newly acquired Lynch Box combo... must be the 6l6 tubes and the slightly open back on the Super V speaker.

The sound was good through the tourmaster 2x12 with the CL80 speakers but the EL8's and the 6550's in my RT2/50 weren't giving it quite the tonal nudge that it's getting with the 6L6 and the Super V.

I have to get some of those 6ca7 tubes to see how they do in the combo.

But for now - thanks Rob!

Doss,
Happy to hear that one met your expectations! I was going to suggest either trying it in a combo or at least a semi-open cab (what I used when designing it for you) for the right feel, but you figured that out already. Obviously 6L6, 5881 or 6V6's are great tube choices as well. In the module itself, I'd try some Tungsol 12AX7's if you have them.
Have a great holiday weekend and enjoy the module,
Rob

Big ol' thank you for the tweak to the mod - I think it really carves out an even better unique tonal space that was really quite good to begin with!

There's enough headroom to put up with my P-Rail split jazz master even... which makes for a pretty **** nice pairing (who knew black Korina for a body was so **** heavy... ungh lol).

I'm working out the mental hopscotch surrounding the next module project so hopefully that will be ready to look at soon too.

I think you will be very pleased. I used your original module to A/B with the prototype for the Amp Show and tweaked until I was content. The results were very good as a result.

Just a general FYI, the audio sample will be re-recorded as soon as time permits. It's actually quite bad. It was my first attempt at re-amping and I was making a few critical errors in the process at the time.