JF Manuals

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
I bought a VoxLess last year and was a little confused by it as I noticed that when it was set for DC30, every position on the mid switch would change how the treble/bass would respond. Also in AC30 mode, turning down the treble boosts the bass and vice/versa.
After reading the thread on how the guy almost sent his Trilogy back, I was wondering if anyone with any knowledge on these JF mods could share info on how they are set up regarding all of the different switches and knobs. i know what happens when I turn them sound wise. However, it would be cool to know what is happening internally, which would probably help me make decisions a little quicker. Rob and I spoke about having some kind of flyer with each module explaining things and he mentioned that when things slowed down he might get on this. Well, I am happy to see that things are not slowing down for Rob and he keeps coming up with cooler and cooler things. So, if anyone else has ideas on sharing this on this forum I would appreciate it.

My Voxless did the same thing, as does my current Matchvox.

Don't think of the bass and treble as regular parametric bumps, but rather high and low cut filters. Turning treble down and bass up basically results in a full range signal. Vice versa results in a mid scoop.

Cool. But like I said, it sure would be cool to have some kind of data base with this kind of stuff on Rob's site or here for people now and in the future...

I fully agree and I'll certainly be working on manuals for every mod as soon as time permits. I have two business trips this Fall that should provide some downtime in hotels and a perfect opportunity to crank these out. I should have them available within the next 6 weeks and will create a page on my website for downloading them.

Jaded Faith said:
I fully agree and I'll certainly be working on manuals for every mod as soon as time permits. I have two business trips this Fall that should provide some downtime in hotels and a perfect opportunity to crank these out. I should have them available within the next 6 weeks and will create a page on my website for downloading them.
Thanks Rob.

From what I know he designed the Voxless this way because it is how the original amps react to the same changes. I think the Voxless was one of my favorite mods to turn knobs on. It sounded great on about every tweak. Hahahaha. Spent too much time fooling with knobs than playing. And I mean that in a good way. :wink: