Egnater EG3 Van Hairband

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Czajkowski

Reaction score
low-crawling under the wire at Fort Mastercard
Egnater EG3 Van Hairband

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5382597&q=hi

Getting ready for 2 days of rehearsal with the mighty watermelon with the new Egnater MOD 50 heads. I like to get the mics dialed in with a moderately saturated distortion to check for EQ, image, impact and lack of phasiness. Usually, if this sounds ok, then the others will be cool. But I?ve found it doesn?t always work the other way around. The Egnater EG3 is great for that and it?s my staple for rock tones. It?s a little more saturated and slightly browner than the ie4 3rd channel, but I love it! Here the amp is in low power mode really cranked so the power section is getting pretty soaked. This is 2 57s on a Emi? Gov in a 2x12 Earcandy Buzzbomb. I don?t have a Gov loaded in a 1x12 yet. The Gov makes me realize how much the Swamp Thang sucks for recording all by itself. They combine nicely with other speakers though. As far as this clip goes, you can take the kid out of the 80s, but?

Awesome John like usual,that sounds incredible,I got lots of love for the Govs,Hands down one of my fav speakers,keep up the good work,One of these days I would love to drive down to watch you play :D ,Let us know when you on deck.....

Very nice.

What were you using for delay and how was it set.

Hey Ned,

It was just a Waves dual delay with tap tempo set pretty much to the beat of the opening riff with one on a quarter note and the other (I think on a dotted quarter). Off course the highs are cut a bit around 7k or so. There is a very tiny bit of modulation on there too. I have the Eventide and Lexicon outboard stuff, but was too lazy to pop that in. It would sound much better with that. The Waves stuff does the job though.

My EG3/4 just showed up. May use it at tomorrows gig :)

Of course my pedal board had to malfunction again last night so I will have to use the POD tonight. By 10pm the bikers (HUGE bike rally in Austin this weekend) will be so hammered they won't know the difference or how bad we play Born to Be Wild.

Tommy- yeah thanks for the link. The bid ended up below reserve then they posted a BIN so I grabbed it (was the high bidder on the original auction).

3 Mile Stone said:
Very cool, I was hoping you would snag that one.

Any way EG RULES!!!

I would have to agree on that,The EG3/4 is a great module,rhthym on 3 and just the great boost on 4 that just blows me away everytime I hit the switch,I've been playing with the SL2 which is just awesome,the marshall I wish I had back when,but it is so alive with tone lots of drive,I got love for the SL for sure............

jmgman70 said:
3 Mile Stone said:

Any way EG RULES!!!

I would have to agree on that,The EG3/4 is a great module,rhthym on 3 and just the great boost on 4 that just blows me away everytime I hit the switch,I've been playing with the SL2 which is just awesome,the marshall I wish I had back when,but it is so alive with tone lots of drive,I got love for the SL for sure............

I knew youd like that SL2! Just like Im sure you knew Id like the E-Rect.

About a month or so ago, John helped me out by recording clips of both the SL2 and EG3/4. Of course he made them both sound incredible. Then, I finally got to play them head to head in the MOD 50 at the NY Amp Show. Basically, I found the EG3/4 very, very dark. It sounded too much to me like it was "under a blanket" for lack of a better term. Now, Im coming from a Soldano before this so Im used to bright tones so that may have something to do with it. But for me, the SL2 sounded much more "alive" than the EG3/4. I think its a killer module!

For what its worth, Bruce showed me how the 2 modules are almost exactly the same. Basically, he pointed inside both modules to a "doo-hickey" (bright cap?) that was bigger in the EG3/4 than the SL2 which cuts more highs. Thats pretty much it. It would be pretty easy to make one into the other at some point if anyone wanted to.

EWSEthan said:
jmgman70 said:
3 Mile Stone said:

Any way EG RULES!!!

I knew youd like that SL2! Just like Im sure you knew Id like the E-Rect.

About a month or so ago, John helped me out by recording clips of both the SL2 and EG3/4. Of course he made them both sound incredible. Then, I finally got to play them head to head in the MOD 50 at the NY Amp Show. Basically, I found the EG3/4 very, very dark. It sounded too much to me like it was "under a blanket" for lack of a better term. Now, Im coming from a Soldano before this so Im used to bright tones so that may have something to do with it. But for me, the SL2 sounded much more "alive" than the EG3/4. I think its a killer module!

For what its worth, Bruce showed me how the 2 modules are almost exactly the same. Basically, he pointed inside both modules to a "doo-hickey" (bright cap?) that was bigger in the EG3/4 than the SL2 which cuts more highs. Thats pretty much it. It would be pretty easy to make one into the other at some point if anyone wanted to.
It's a little darker so I tend to bring a little more treble into the picture,it's been cool to have those head to head,you can really feel the SL2 vibe in the EG3/4,anyway now I have to convince the wife that it is truly a different dealy