Has anyone gotten the PlexiTweed update?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakeguitar

Reaction score
Noticed this on JF webpage, some tweak to the Tight sw? Wondering what the improvement sounds like, if it sounds any better.

I mean, I really love the PlexiTweed, one of my all-time fav's, but if it can be improved, I'll be very interested in upgraded a staple module.

I just E-mailed Rob on upgradeing my Stein. I'm with you I Love my Stein but if it can be better I want it.

I just sent in my XTC I'm happy I'm getting the latest version.

Oyster said:
I just sent in my XTC I'm happy I'm getting the latest version.

I've had one on order for over a month, and right before mine was supposed to go on the bench, the new one came out. Rob said he would hook me up, and I'm psyched to be getting the latest version, I added the mid sweep option to mine as well.

As for the Plexi Tweed, I'm thinking about ordering a second one, it's my favorite low gain mod by far. But the Stein looks to tempting to pass up.....going to have to get that first. To many new mods at once....my brain can't handle it.

The main changes to the PlexiTweed was to the Tight switch. It was revised to provide a looser, more authentic vintage feel. The gain staging was tweaked about 18 months ago, so your mod already had that. The final change was to the plate, which is now what I always envisioned but didn't have the ability to produce previously.

If you are happy with the Tight switch and looks as is there is nothing to be concerned with.
here's what Rob said about it.

Rob, can you elaborate a bit on the Boost of the PT? I'm curious if this is the same as the 'Diode Clipping' mod that you do.

Also, is there any chance to add one more option to the PT? I absolutely love mine but want to see if I can customize it a bit more.

wakeguitar said:
Rob, can you elaborate a bit on the Boost of the PT? I'm curious if this is the same as the 'Diode Clipping' mod that you do.

Also, is there any chance to add one more option to the PT? I absolutely love mine but want to see if I can customize it a bit more.

It's a fairly standard circuit, but it's designed in a clever way on this mod. I only use this approach on one other mod as a matter of fact. It's similar to what the 1086 boost and the Egnater Dual modules independent channels do...with a twist. There are no diodes involved at all. Any circuit where I have used diodes has been labeled as such.

I can certainly squeeze more options in if you want them. Just check my Ala Carte page for pricing and/or email me to discuss.

Rob