All new VHT/Fryette Ultra-Lead mod now available

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
We are proud to announce the all-new-from-the-ground-up Ultra-Lead module. Full details can be found at www.jadedfaithmods.com.

Based on a VHT Pittbull Ultra-Lead head I recently had in the shop to service, this mod is absolutely crushing, dry and super articulate. It is very inspiring to play with unequaled clarity and note definition at all settings.

Effective immediately, The Pitt module has now been discontinued and it is replaced with the UL. These mods are very different from each other and are based on two entirely different amps (The Pitt was based on a Marshall-esque 2003 VHT 50/ST and the Ultra-Lead on a 2008 G-100-UL).

iekobrid said:
Looks terrific ! Any chance you were able to clone the green/clean channel too?

I didn't really go for that unfortunately. The single most common feedback on the old Pitt mod was it wasn't what folks were expecting a VHT to sound like. That module was based on a 50/ST, which to me was the best JCM 800 type of tone I have ever owned in an amp. Most people associate the VHT name with the Ultra Leads and that high gain is what I went for on this mod.

Jaded Faith said:
iekobrid said:

I didn't really go for that unfortunately. The single most common feedback on the old Pitt mod was it wasn't what folks were expecting a VHT to sound like. That module was based on a 50/ST, which to me was the best JCM 800 type of tone I have ever owned in an amp. Most people associate the VHT name with the Ultra Leads and that high gain is what I went for on this mod.

Yup, understandable. I bought a used 50/CL once without even trying it out, having only played through UL's before. (I had 30 days to return it, I'm not totally insane.) Got home, fired it up, "What the hell?? o_O" Worked fine, just sounded nothing like the UL memories I'd put on a pedestal. :D

I'm sure I could have eventually learned to live without the UL style high gain, but there's a just-barely-pushed tone in my head that I've been chasing for years and only ever gotten close to with the clean channel of an Ultra Lead.

Jaded Faith said:
iekobrid said:

I think that is a good call, Rob. I look forward to playing one of these.

I received mine yesterday. It's a monster! A full range of rock and metal tones available that really cut through. I original placed this order as a Pittbull (before the Ultra-Lead was even available), and Rob was nice enough to upgrade it with no extra charge. Thanks again Rob!