First Clip With New Band (MOD 50 Content)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EWSEthan

Reaction score
So Ive been working with a new band and we've finally got a little something recorded as a teaser at our website.

www.thedancefloorremix.com (clip autoloads)

For the overdriven stuff, Im in the left channel while the other guitar player is in the right channel.

Im using a Suhr Standard with DSH+ in the bridge through my MOD 50 loaded with Tung-Sol 5881s. The high gain sounds are with the MHG (channel A) with gain about 1/2 way up and the master fairly cranked. The chimy, slightly overdriven arpeggio right before the chorus hits is Vx (Channel B).

Other guitar player is using a Bogner Shiva for high gain, Sansamp Direct(!) for cleans, and a Taylor acoustic.

Interested in hearing some comments from you guys!

-Matt

Dude the Eggie MHG swallows that Shivia in overall body and "biggness" soooo glad I got the MOD50 and sold my Shiva a while back. But thanks to your clips I now need a Shur and the MHG module haha thanks. Track is not my taste but guitar tones are nice ;)

Telefied said:
Dude the Eggie MHG swallows that Shivia in overall body and "biggness" soooo glad I got the MOD50 and sold my Shiva a while back. But thanks to your clips I now need a Shur and the MHG module haha thanks. Track is not my taste but guitar tones are nice ;)

Thanks for the kind words. In retrospect, I think the SL2 is really a better fit for this kind of music, but I didnt have one yet when we recorded this. The MHG is actually a little too aggressive and compressed, while the SL2 sounds bigger and wider! But for tons of gain, tight bass, and great definition you cant beat the MHG.

You do need a Suhr. I think everyone does. It eats all my other guitars for breakfast including my PRS which used to be my favorite and now sits in its case...