LA Amp Show review

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a business man by any means. However, given the passion that we have on this forum, it sure seems that someone would want to license and further develop this stuff from Bruce. I have an RM4 and would love if someone came out with an RM8 or RM2. I have spoken with Larry DiMarzio about tis and he is somewhat curious. Sometime in the near future he will come over to my studio and see the MTS line in action and that may change things. I found it mildly interesting myself until I actually played one. Then I was hooked. It would be great to see Larry do this also given that Seymour Duncan failed at it 20+ years ago!

Jaded Faith said:
Patience, patience...
fbz_5af25c6a9843a87de9336f6570ce1d23.jpg

My best guess is the math just isnt ripe ,yet (to those who have looked at the costs and the profits).
My next guess is that we,as a community will probably be best served by a small builder, not a large. There just isnt enough money here,imho, to entice major companies. And, again,imho, that ok....we have already dealt with US Music and it didnt really do much for us, I feel.
So I am up for JF or Salv or anybody to make a prototype and get on with it. Maybe if several people sign off on it we can all have a few built and bring down the cost somewhat...it would be employment to someone for a few weeks, maybe months.
Regarding possible tradmark issues..I have no idea. I suspect whatever design our guys come up with will be different enough to be it's own animal.
Once again, I dream of a 50 watt 3 module combo amp at a reasonable weight. Hold the reverb and give me a use-able loop or two. (pre and post please!). Hold the Tolex, and paint it flat black, for all I care. Tilt the baffle up a tad, if possible...my ears arent down by my calves,right?
And give it one 12 and ext speaker jacks to I can use a 4x12 for big gigs. And did I mention we NEED a speaker emulation out? yeah, an XLR of that would be absolutely nescessary.
I have a whole laundry list of what a pro MTS amp would be like...I wish BRUCE or someone would ask me..Id LOVE to be involved in that.
GtrGeorge

OK, so it was:
1) brought up about somehow someone somewhere continuing the MTS line
2) Rob says in a post regarding this "Patience, Patience...."
3) Rob goes to Michigan to Bruce Egnator's amp class.

Coincidence?

ricky said:
OK, so it was:
1) brought up about somehow someone somewhere continuing the MTS line
2) Rob says in a post regarding this "Patience, Patience...."
3) Rob goes to Michigan to Bruce Egnator's amp class.

Coincidence?

Probably or planting the seeds of a MTS cooperative of some sort. Either way I'll stay patient. Lord knows I don't have a few thousand dollars to drop on new MTS gear right this moment, but gradually maybe. :lol:

ricky said:
You could do what I do....Get a gun and rob a liquor store then order new modules.
:lol: Brilliant! I'm on it. 2 liquor stores within 6 blocks of my house... or maybe I should choose a couple farther away to increase my odds of success/evading capture. :lol:

Do all four liquor stores and get more modules. Rob, ow does it feel to be at the root of this? You are truly the Pablo Escobar of modules.