Erect compared to xmg+

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevrock25

Reaction score
Can someone explain what is the difference between these 2 mods
I have an erect that I'm not liking and someone wants to trade for a xmg
What can I expect from this mod. Thanks

Kevrock25 said:
Can someone explain what is the difference between these 2 mods
I have an erect that I'm not liking and someone wants to trade for a xmg
What can I expect from this mod. Thanks
Although I am not personally familiar with Satan's playing or preference in tones, I am sure he would enjoy the XMG+....

The Erect is going to give you an excellent representation of the classic Mesa Rectifier tone. It was designed and benchmarked against my personal 1998 Recto which has long been with me as a shining example of those tones. You have it and know what that's all about.

The XMG+ is what happens when I spend about 45 hours over the course of a week with a blank canvas and build something from the ground up based on a tone in my head. It's the machine I crafted to capture modern heavy tones with absolutely no outside inspiration (this was a design goals: create with no boundaries or outside influences). The end product is a searing high gain module that is whisper quiet and perfect for modern metal. It's machine-like in it's precision with the Tight and Voice switch working in tandem to provide a really useful palate of tonal combinations. It's a module which I am very proud of and certainly a sleeper (although I sell a bunch of them, so maybe not!) from a forum perspective.

Hope that helps,
Rob