Just Ordered......

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Just sent out a batch of donors to rob so in 3 weeks or so i should have a brand new Ultra Lead, SL-OD100 and a Superclean.
Does anyone out there know what i should expect out of the Ultra Lead and the SL-OD100? I have a pretty good idea of what the Superclean is all about.
-mp-

SL-OD100 is such a fat lead module, it's like Warren Haynes lives in there....if only I could play like him.

Wow i was looking for using the SL-OD100 for more metallic styles of music but a fat lead works for any style of tune!
-mp-
What im really curious about is the rhythm tones on the ultra lead and the SL-OD100

Funny, I was just playing an Ultra Lead this weekend!

Very, VERY cool module! Tons of gain, nice saturation, mids CUT without being obnoxious, nice tight lows, the deep switch kicks it up to a whole new level and the edge switch gives you unique, cutting highs that aren't glassy or abraisive. Out of all the modules I heard it was by far one of my favorites!

The SLO is very Soldano. I have a JF Custom Recto that is my benchmark for High Gain California style amps and I can see how the Soldano was its predecessor in real life. Lot's of similar qualities, but I am a mid-Nazi, so I like the voicing and mid-sweep Rob added to my recto a little more. It definitely sounds like a Soldano, but its my bet you're gonna play your metallic rhythms with the Ultra Lead.

2 excellent choices! The gain on the Ultra Lead KILLS!

Let us know what you think when you get them

Enjoy!

H

You can easily get metal tones out of the SLO-100. It's all in how you set it up. Haynes? Sure, that is in there too. Very versatile module.

You'll love the clarity of the Ultra-Lead. Super heavy rhythm tone with zero mush. Just kills! :twisted:

Rob's design on the Ultra Lead could not be a truer replication of the power section that the actual head provides. Rob mays well just take the description right from the Fryette site. Big time headroom. Tons of tight thump. A fine combination of super high gain with nice clarity and the perfect amount of bite...much of this is due to the edge switch. What impressed me most is how sweet the EQ frequencies are. No matter what you set it to it sounds really nice. No offensive highs or difficult mids. Devastating through my Mesa cab with V30's. I felt like I was swinging a sledgehammer. One of my favorite modules of all time. I have been waiting a long time for mine to arrive too. Can't wait!

Yes thats what i wanted to hear about the Ultra Lead now im shaking and sweating waiting for it and my other two mods to arrive... I need a valium!
-mp-

Just got my Ultra Lead today & was able to spend bout an hour with it. Super badass.
All the comments above are valid. This module cuts like a Samarai sword! Big tight bottom end. Tracks super fast, great for speed metal.

Can't wait to spend more time this weekend with it..

Latest posts