Think these are cool?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my experience, vintage speakers are worse than vintage amps. Their 'magic' is mostly in our minds, and they are always on the verge of breaking down. And a reconed vintage speaker isn't vintage at all.

Just my opinion after 30+ years of buying and using gear.

Yeah I agree entirely, it's more the thought of them, just cool to see a quad you can tell has been together for awhile. I actually recently did get an amazingly underrated hollow-body Gibson from '73 I think...I'd call it vintage, but it is in such unbelievable shape I ask myself if it's counterfeit. It's not crisp like it's new, but it's almost flawless. Didn't have the original case, and is not one of the "desireable" models, but I hit the jackpot with it! I really am not into the vintage craze though, by far the oldest musical instrument I've bought, but it's ok since it's like new :wink:

The oldest guitar I steward:

KGrHqJHJBE9sc5B8rBPTplOoe860_12_zps4978216f.jpg

KGrHqVHJEgE8oYqdjBPTpbhTTg60_12_zps9264e064.jpg

KGrHqZHJEgE88d2OW9BPTpgunvIQ60_12_zpsef9ced56.jpg

Very Cool guitar!
If its coolto YOU, then its cool,period.

GtrGeorge

Thanks GtrGeorge! This is actually one of the favorites. It's an ES-325, full hollow-body with the mini-humbuckers. These pickups are only found on a few models (i.e. Les Paul Deluxe). I think they are brilliant for this guitar. They are very mild which is ingenious for a hollow-body guitar as it helps to really eliminate feedback problems you would encounter with hotter pickups.