Midi on the V2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onegunguitar

Reaction score
Anybody know how to program the midi on the V2? I am running a TC Electronic G sharp and I would like to be able to change presets when going to different amp channels,nothing fancy,just stupid changes! I can not for the life of me figure out the manual on how to do this!!

Well if holding the channel button on the footswitch programs the FX/EQ, it can be safe to assume that the same technique on any MIDI controller would do the same. I read in the V2 manual that you can program any button on the V2 footswitch to any channel, so again, apply that principle to whatever MIDI controller you're using and it should work.

Theoretically. Maybe it won't work at all, but it's worth a shot.

Actually I bought a Rolls MIDI pedal and run it thru the V2 then into my G Sharp-it works like a dream!! Just match up the presets to the pedal and store the amp channels to whatever presets ya want and bam,seamless changes!! It's real simple with an after market pedal. :D :D

I haven't tried an actual MIDI controller with mine yet, but so far I can't get the factory footswitch to send MIDI program changes to my processor, even if I connect it to the V2 first.

Sixstringhotshot said:
I haven't tried an actual MIDI controller with mine yet, but so far I can't get the factory footswitch to send MIDI program changes to my processor, even if I connect it to the V2 first.
I was told by a tech from Randall that the footswitch is pretty limited or some ****,I bought a MIDI pedal(Roland) and it works great,real simple!!

Sixstringhotshot said:

The V2 and the MIDI FX unit you are using have to be set to the same channel.

I believe they are, Rich. How do I find out what channel the V2 is sending on? I have my FX unit on "omni" and it's not recieving anything from the V2.

If I were you,I'd buy a MIDI pedal,it'll solve all your problems when it comes to programming,just set them on the same channel,it's way easier than messing around with the pedal that comes with the head,I own a G Sharp and I emailed Randall and told them what I had and how was I to get it to work and he told me that the factory pedal would only change 3 presets with my particular processor. I bought the Roland because it's simple to use plus it has phantom power capabilities-powers right up from the head. :D

To see what channel your V2 is on, press and hold the channel selct/savepreset button and hit the power switch. Check out page 13 of the manual below to see what combo of lights corispond to each channel:

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/about/warranty/manuals/T2_V2%20manual.pdf

onegunguitar is right. You will only be able to select a handful of patches. If youd need more sounds, I would suggest getting a larger controoler.

onegunguitar said:
If I were you,I'd buy a MIDI pedal,it'll solve all your problems when it comes to programming,just set them on the same channel,it's way easier than messing around with the pedal that comes with the head,I own a G Sharp and I emailed Randall and told them what I had and how was I to get it to work and he told me that the factory pedal would only change 3 presets with my particular processor. I bought the Roland because it's simple to use plus it has phantom power capabilities-powers right up from the head. :D

I've got a Ground Control Pro, but frankly it's more than I use. I only use 3 presets. Conveniently the same # of channels the V2 has. I had a big RM4 rack that was great because it synced up with all my other gear without any additional tweaking. I assumed the V2 would be the same way. :oops: