Yellow Jackets for EL84 tubes in RM100?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a great deal a few weeks ago on a pair of VHT adapters. They are equivalent to yellow jackets and much shorter. Meaning more room for tubes. I have yet to be able to dig into trying them because of the weight limit I am rescricted to at this time. Something I noticed was the plate voltage may be too high for some 84s. Should I be worried Rob?

I can't find enough info online to confirm if those VHT adapters would be safe or not. I'd need to have them in hand to confirm for you.

If you used two Yellow Jackets in an RM100 and left two tube slots empty, how different would it sound from an RM20/22 with EL84s?

I use yellowjackets in my MOD50 all the time, they are great! My only gripe is that they are tall and extend quite far to where you have to put the yellowjackets in and then the tubes (not both at the same time as one piece).
So they are just a little long with the tubes, but not a big deal.

If you used two Yellow Jackets in an RM100 and left two tube slots empty, how different would it sound from an RM20/22 with EL84s?

They would sound probably identical since the voltage would be really similar. I use my MOD50 with the EL84s in half-power mode all the time and sounds great (99.96% the same as full-power mode).

IMO you would probably be fine doing this but I would get the OK from Bruce or Rob before cutting the wattage down this low (1/2 from yellow jackets and 1/2 again with only 2 tubes).

Jaded Faith said:
I can't find enough info online to confirm if those VHT adapters would be safe or not. I'd need to have them in hand to confirm for you.
http://www.vhtamp.com/products/vht-accessories/special-6-el84-adapter
Here is their link. It doesnt really give much info. The concern I had was the plate voltage of my RM50 for the EL84s. I guess if others are having luck with theirs I should have no worry.