Plexi-er/ Tweed-ier

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
I've been playing my Plexi Tweed an awful lot as of late. If I want to use it for the cleaner side of things, I set the gain low and use the Tweed side of things. If I want to use the plexi side, I set the gain higher to get that Thin Lizzy side of things. But If I push the gain too high, I almost get this fuzzy kind of tone.

I've been thinking of ordering a few JF mods and thought about the Plexi-er/Tweed. Would there be a way to add an extra gain stage on the plexi side of things, while also adding a super-bright switch.

Would there be a way to add more spank on the tweed side of things?

Does anyone else use the Plexi/ Tweed. Do you like it? What would you change if you could?

Anything that makes it fuzzy or a different tone for leads would be nice without adding too much gain IMO.

Extra bright switch might be good.

This reads like it was better suited to an email inquiry, but here's answers:

You could add an optional switch to add a gain stage, but it's not able to be independent of one channel or the other. I think this would make it a bit higher gain than you want though. I'd retune the circuit to give you more than it does, but do remember the PlexiTweed wasn't designed to be really high gain.

You could add a bright switch, but I'm not sure what's meant by a "super" bright switch.

Perhaps a custom mod would be best?