MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remove preamp tubes if 4 cable methods used?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raed666
RM20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Remove preamp tubes if 4 cable methods used? Reply with quote

Hi,
My question is, when using the 4 cable method, I no longer need the preamp section,,will it hurt my amp by any way if remove the preamp tubes just to conserve their live? Or incase im not plugging in the normal input they are not being consumed,,,I noticed when I was on Ch.3 and I removed the cable in the input the channel swithced back to Ch.1 which made me think that they are automatically shutdown? or maybe if i put all the preamp knobs is the fastest coolest way to conserve theor lives? Help Plz!!! and Plz Recommed me if i should use the 4 cable method with a VooduValve for effects and EQ and honestly good sound? or should I buy some modulation for my SWEET randall head (It Has Awesome Preamp As Well) Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Question
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
crankyrayhanky
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the idea of 4 cables was to continue to have use of yuor head as one of the options (?) I say do NOT remove tubes
gag halfrunt
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 cable method uses all of your amp - your preamp section, loop, and power section. Removing preamp tubes would not be a good idea. Your signal is going through the preamp section and getting shaped there.

Kemper into Atomic CLR neo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Other Randall Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: