WAY overdue: Official HW-103 demo now available!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
Redefining the term long overdue, I am proud to finally bring you the official demo for the Jaded Faith Mods HW-103 module! All guitars tracks feature myself paying tribute to David Gilmour, who was easily the most influential guitarist on me as a player.

All tracks were played on a 2011 Fender Tele. The amp was a Mod 50 with 5881's and all guitar tracks feature Ownhammer speaker impulses.

The rhythm guitar on the left is the Low Gain/Brilliant mode and the rhythm guitar on the left is the High Gain/Brilliant mode. The arpeggios in the begining are the Low Gain/Normal mode and the lead is the High Gain/Normal mode.

http://snd.sc/Z2ului

Enjoy!

Rob

I'm kind of curious as to why he uses impulses to demo the modules instead of a mic? Seems odd but w/e, it's not reflective of the modules in any way..

just a nag...

More consistent results, he's taking me through the same process. I think reamping method sounds great with impusles (especially for my situation) and ill be able to do it at home without annoying the wife and having to booby trap a room with sound foam. Which I'm not a fan of, unless its a dedicated recording space. Which I'd prob rather rent out as I don't get the opportunity to have a basement in Texas.

Sounding superb Rob!

wakeguitar said:
I'm kind of curious as to why he uses impulses to demo the modules instead of a mic? Seems odd but w/e, it's not reflective of the modules in any way..

just a nag...

Quite simply: consistency, convenience and quality.

I have been an audio engineer (live and studio) for almost 20 years. I have a very well equipped studio (about a $20K mic collection and preamps from Vintech, Great River, Universal Audio, SSL, Aphex and Allen & Heath available) and 11 cabs ranging from 1x12 to 4x12 and everywhere in between. I have partnerships with both Scumback and Celestion and about 50 speakers here available to me at any time.

Still, I choose to use Ownhammer impulses. The quality, ease of use, flexibility to fit the mix without having to re-record parts through other speakers and lack of any post production effort (there is not one bit of EQ or compression added to a single one of my module demos) make it a no-brainer for me. Once I got my workflow established and figured out, I can now produce a demo start to finish in about 45 minutes and without making my ears bleed. That's priceless to me and I could never see going back to doing it the way I did for all those years.

**** it Rob! I send you three modules...two to be turned into the Legacy clones and the third one was to be a base mod on the JTM. Then you put out this Hi-Watt demo and I am not sure what to do! I love your playing and the sound is really cool. I have some decidin' to do....

ricky said:
**** it Rob! I send you three modules...two to be turned into the Legacy clones and the third one was to be a base mod on the JTM. Then you put out this Hi-Watt demo and I am not sure what to do! I love your playing and the sound is really cool. I have some decidin' to do....
Thank you sir, I wish I was able to find the time to produce more myself. This one was special to me and that's what led to the delay.