JF Brown Sound Module !!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok don't forget the echoplex's preamp & how it enhances the signal!! I swear by a Clinchfx ep-pre and use it before my RM-4. It just makes everything sound better!!

BigBrewtus said:
drewiv said:
BigBrewtus said:
So, I must ask. Has anyone tried running their amp at 240 volts? Since EVH has finally let the cat out of the bag that he was doing just that and
only that. :lol:
I am glad he finally told the world too. The battles I have seen about the
subject was getting old.

... just another EVH Red Herring? :wink:
Hahahaha. Okay so it was 220 volts. I think that is right about the way
it was recorded though. I never thought his tone was all too special but
his playing was and put a stamp on what could be done. I appreciate the
cab resonance in the early stuff more than anything. It all tells us to just
keep it simple. :wink:

Oh, I was just making a funny. :) As another said above, I'll never believe anything EVH says about his tone.

The Rossness said:
I'd say the Rockstah Mod5 is THE tone-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85sco_gLFas

I tend to agree, but Mark spent countless years perfecting EVH in his hands. Mark really had the feel/swing of Eddie down. He died way too young. :(

might be time for me to post clips of a "tweaked" BE doing VH ??

:roll:

drewiv said:
The Rossness said:
I'd say the Rockstah Mod5 is THE tone-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85sco_gLFas

I tend to agree, but Mark spent countless years perfecting EVH in his hands. Mark really had the feel/swing of Eddie down. He died way too young. :(
So true, on both accounts.

BigBrewtus said:
So, I must ask. Has anyone tried running their amp at 240 volts?

If you get the inclination to do so just make sure we talk first and schedule the delivery to the shop for a very expensive repair job. :lol:

There is a commissioned mod in the queue right now specifically for old EVH tones. Stay tuned.

The mod5 is a pretty rockin tone but a lot of it comes from the lower filtering alla plexi and the PPIMV opening the amp up (power tube goods) at lower volume. Add the cascade vs. non cascade and you can go either way. The common ingredient with Rockstah and EVH was killer hands, groove, swing. Rockstah sounded awesome with a POD too.

Jaded Faith said:
BigBrewtus said:
So, I must ask. Has anyone tried running their amp at 240 volts?

If you get the inclination to do so just make sure we talk first and schedule the delivery to the shop for a very expensive repair job. :lol:

There is a commissioned mod in the queue right now specifically for old EVH tones. Stay tuned.

If you're working on a Mod 5 / Rockstah type module - Sign me up right now!

If you're working on a Mod 5 / Rockstah type module - Sign me up right now!

Yep, he is working on a mod to capture that type of tone this week, I'm sure he'll keep us updated. If not, I'll keep you guys updated. I don't want to give everything away yet, but I can guarantee you it won't disappoint! I'll post clips as soon as it's in my hands as I've been waiting for this tone my whole life!

I've been chasing this tone my entire life. Now that I have it, I don't know what to do with the rest of my life.

Have you ever considered piracy? You'd make a great Dread Pirate Roberts!

Have you ever considered piracy? You'd make a great Dread Pirate Roberts!

Ha! That's weird, I do find life on a sailboat to be pretty awesome, I'm sure I could handle some piracy as well (assuming rum is involved)!

Rod said:
Not to sidetrack this thread but I thought that the Brahma #39 was the Brown sound

The new Grail Tone was the mod designed to chase that specific tone. Prior to that, the Brahma #39 was the closest mod I offered. The Brahma #39 is really the Cali Modded Marshall tone though.

I see. Now which mod is warmer/creamier maybe a little looser sounding Rob?

I can answer that, the Grail Tone is a little warmer, looser and "chewier" than the Brahma #39. Think of it this way:

Grail Tone = 60's/70's Vintage sounding modded plexi (looser, warmer, Good for AC/DC, ZZ top, Van Halen)

Brahma #39 = 80's Vintage sounded modded plexi (a little tighter, california "jose" flavored, a little more compressed perhaps, good for general 70's/80's rock/metal)

That's how I compare the two at least :)