MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Celebrities in your Audience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> General Music Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graham Pearson
RM100

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Celebrities in your Audience Reply with quote

Every Friday evening, our band "Spare Parts" plays at the Y.O. Hotel in Kerrville (Texas). Sometimes, the place is packed wall-to-wall. Sometimes, we draw only ten people. We never know what to expect.

Last night, a bunch of guys walked in, all wearing black. I knew we were in trouble. So during our next break, I went over and talked with them. It turns out they were members of the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra on tour in Texas. Kerrville was a stop-over for them between New Mexico and Corpus Christi.

It was great to meet such a talented bunch of horn-blowers.

The point of this topic is to hear from others on this forum about similar experiences. What stories do you have about meeting great people during one of your gigs?
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
Graham Pearson
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Lonely At The Top Reply with quote

I guess no one else has had someone in the audience they were proud to play for?
gag halfrunt
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Lonely At The Top Reply with quote

Graham Pearson wrote:
I guess no one else has had someone in the audience they were proud to play for?

I may have, but I didn't know it at the time.

Kemper into Atomic CLR neo.
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played a few events where there were some notables there but never really thought about it much...

The people that make me nervous are the guys in bands I love...That is hard for me but a total thrill...We did a mess of shows with Faster Pussycat years and years ago (I know, 80s rock - but I grew up in the 80s) and at least a couple of them would come to our set each night...I was like a giddy school girl...My bandmates were certain I had lost it as they thought MUCH less of them...

The guys that were at your gig though Graham would have made me nervous too...Musicians of that caliber are rare and don't hang out in the dumps I play... Smile

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
JD
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattfig wrote:
I've played a few events where there were some notables there but never really thought about it much...

The people that make me nervous are the guys in bands I love...That is hard for me but a total thrill...We did a mess of shows with Faster Pussycat years and years ago (I know, 80s rock - but I grew up in the 80s) and at least a couple of them would come to our set each night...I was like a giddy school girl...My bandmates were certain I had lost it as they thought MUCH less of them...

The guys that were at your gig though Graham would have made me nervous too...Musicians of that caliber are rare and don't hang out in the dumps I play... Smile

I saw Faster Pussycat open for Whitesnake at Pine Knob back around 1990. I thought they were pretty cool.
Sacred Groove -MK22/The Bully
GtrGeorge!
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing in a lowly bar and in came Ritchie Blackmore. He leaned against the wall and watched for a while. He stayed long enough that i chatted with him. I asked him a question about one of my favorite RAINBOW songs..and he gave me an answer that seemed to be calculated to make me stop asking questions. Kinda funny now that I think about it. I smiled,...what else could I do...and after a few minutes got back up and continued to play. At some point he and his friends moved on to some other place...its all good, I thought.
GtrGeorge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> General Music Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: