New Jaded Faith HW-103!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say the gain amount is equal to the Plexi. but a different flavor. I have found that if turn the gain to less than 1/4 up, and master all the way up, then crank my amp it gets that true breakup sound. swirling harmonic overtones, but with clarity and richness.

Sounds great, I seem to gravitate to the more vintage tones lately. The 59plat edition has that open sound in both positions with the plexi side being more vintage of course. Sounds great with he power tubes opened up. Not saying it can't do gain, but is a less compressed gain than other modules. Great thing is if I want compressed, I can use a pedal for that. The HW is on my must have list.

ok, well I've been experimenting with tubes and speakers. this mod had too much gain and not enough defined punch for me after toying with it. Still i loved the sound. I re-tubed it using an old telefunken 12aT7 in V1 and an Old RCA 12aU7in V2. Ten I found myself a Reeves Vintage Purple cast frame speaker.

This **** thing sounds dead on all of the demos, clips, records, etc.. of Hiwatt recordings that I have heard. The speaker is the best speaker I have used. If you are interested in the HiWatt punch and wide range sound, this is pure Fane Purple, 70's era sound. The HW-103 really pushes those tones, swirling defined crunch and the right amount of swirling saturation when pushed.

I'm floored over here

The Vybe Deluxe now also sounds crisp and pure, much like the true Fender amps sound like

Not that these mods were not wonderful to begin with, i just felt the need to tweak, they are works of art for sure

HY-YAAAAA!