Best Effects unit for....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked out the site and read it.I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow after work.If this works it'll be awesome,i'll repost to let EVERYONE know my findings.

walshinator666 said:
I checked out the site and read it.I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow after work.If this works it'll be awesome,i'll repost to let EVERYONE know my findings.

awesome. if you don't mind please reply in this thread also, if you start a new topic, so i get notified when you do.

Ok,here are my findings.YES IT WORKS!!!I hooked up the m13 using the 4cm,one midi cable.I held down the looper switch and in the 4th window turned the dial to omni.Switch to scene mode highlighted which heading I wanted it under,held down the looper switch,programmed what effects I wanted.Went to the rm4 and held down the channel button(for more than 5 sec.) to program which modual I wanted to use and presto it worked.Just have to repeat which moduals and which effects.Thank you for posting this,I've had my m13 for over 2 years and couldn't figure the midi out,now it's doing what I wanted.

That's good to hear.so I guess the limitation is that you have to press two buttons to change channels on the amp, right? The scene select button and then the button that selects the scene.

As far as it being noisy, do you have a line level shifter to bring the loop down from the Randalls +4db to the m13's -10db ?

That was for programming.Once it's done,I only press 1 button and it switches from 1 modual to another and changes to whatever scene I had programmed for that modual.One button switching.As for the noise I used to have an ebtech hum-x that completely cleared the hum on the m13.Looks like i'm going to the guitar center in Roseville,MI (again) to get one before Saturday's practise.

walshinator666 said:
That was for programming.Once it's done,I only press 1 button and it switches from 1 modual to another and changes to whatever scene I had programmed for that modual.One button switching.As for the noise I used to have an ebtech hum-x that completely cleared the hum on the m13.Looks like i'm going to the guitar center in Roseville,MI (again) to get one before Saturday's practise.

ok so you have it set up in "latch" scene mode as opposed to "momentary" scene mode. You always just press a button to change scenes but you cannot control individual stomp-boxes (since those buttons are used to change to a different scene). Is that how you have it set up?

Momentary scene mode allows you the flexibility to turn individual stomp boxes on or off, but to change scenes you need to press the "scene" button first. I was thinking of doing this method so i could control the individual stomp boxes and before needing to switch channels just tapping the scene button a little ahead, so its only 1 quick button press to change the scene/channel

...So you dont have any unwanted distortion in your signal? from reading i gathered that the line shifter was necessary if you didnt want to introduce unwanted noise. perhaps just getting the volume levels right to compensate is good enough? i want my clean to be prestine. I see the hum-x is around 70 bucks. the ebtech lineshifter supposedly has anti-hum technology and is only 75 bucks.

Eddie

yes,it's set up in latch scene mode.You set-up a group of effects with in a scene. Program it to run with a certain modual than change to a different scene.Use another group of effects you want and program it to run with another modual and so on, and so on.The m13 is initself noisy(groundloop noise) i already have a line level conected so (as before)I need a hum-x to quiet that.I checked with guitar center online and they are out of the hum-x so i'll have to order it online.When I get it i'll do a vid showing the before and after of the hum-x.

walshinator666 said:
yes,it's set up in latch scene mode.You set-up a group of effects with in a scene. Program it to run with a certain modual than change to a different scene.Use another group of effects you want and program it to run with another modual and so on, and so on.The m13 is initself noisy(groundloop noise) i already have a line level conected so (as before)I need a hum-x to quiet that.I checked with guitar center online and they are out of the hum-x so i'll have to order it online.When I get it i'll do a vid showing the before and after of the hum-x.

oh ok. do you have the ebtech line shifter? i ask because i just ordered one, and i was under the impression that it functioned as a hum removed the same as the hum-x device.

I have a line level shifter but it's one my amp guy made(good friend of mine) it doesn't have a ground noise cleaner-uper,and yes I read that the ebtech does have a ground loop noise cleaner-uper.Kind of 2in 1 sort of deal.I might get the ebtech linelevel shifter so I can use it with my rm50 for band practise and use the rm4 for gigs.