T2 & V2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried the V2 today, I'm gonna play with it more tomorrow, but it sounds REALLY great. I was surprised how clean the clean channel is, and it's the SS preamp too. The graphic EQ also makes a HUGE difference depending on how you set it. I've had a few EQ pedals that made subtle differences, but this one really changed the tone. That sustain boost on the SS dirty channel is that Randall SS grind, and when it's pushed in it gives off a really solid rhythm tone. The only thing I have negative to say about it (and this is true for almost all high gain amplifiers) is that depending on how you set it, it'll get noisy. A noise gate of some sort would be good if you set your amp to "death metal" style gain, but it also gives off massive chunk, and we have it on a 2x12 MTS cab! No joke, it sounds huge. Randall makes awsome cabs too man, I can't remember when I got that huge a tone from a 2x12. I was actually impressed with their cabs, so I am running the R212CS MTS cab with my Randall head right now. Last thing...this thing is LOUD! I mean I had the volume up to 9 o clock and the master barely at 8 and it's loud as hell. This thing was meant to be gigged with

Thanks man, your the only person that I have heard of who's tried one of these heads. I'm a big fan of solid state too. I also have a Warhead. I appreciate the feedback.

Tried em at NAMM. They are AMAZING. Had I not looked into the amp to see for myself, I would've told the rep he was lying when he said it was solid state.

I tryed out the v2 head at the london guitat show. This amp is fucking LOUD. I only had it on about 2 and i could hear it easyily over all the background noise. It looks awsome aswell but the sound has heavy as hell and its cool that you can assign the graphic eq. I compared it to other amp makes liek the krank and framus cobra head and the v2 rele did stand out. It just has so much brutallity and balls. I want to try save up for either the v2 or t2.

I've just had 2 Randall cabs shipped from the States and I'm borrowing a V2 amp next month for recording and live shows to test it out.
I'll let you guys know how it works out!!

I just recently bought the new T2 head to go w/ my Marsahll 1960 A slant 4x12 cabinet---this thing rips!!!
the souund is very warm--not SS-sounding at all--the mid sweep controls help shapes the tone you're after--and most of all, the gaain in classic mode sounds and works great--the only time i use the gain boost is for beefier sections in my band's musc (choruses, lead/instrumental breaks)

overall, i'm pretty happy with it--it was well worth the wait!!! :D

Randall has put up sound clips of the T2 & V2 on the website now..
Well... if the amps sound like the clips.. I'll think I stick to my RM100.. :wink:

I just got a V2 today after using nothing BUT all tube amps since I can remember.It rox,you can get just about ANY sound out if you want and it's obvious to me that with all the controls on this amp it could take a long while before you get it dialed in to suite your needs.It's VERY loud and the tube channels kills.Randall Amplifiers Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW,the clips on Randall's website DO NOT do this amp justice at all...You NEED to hear this to appreciate!!